cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

93 Safari Bedroom 12v system

kiwi_os
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone assist with a problem on a 93 Safari.
For some reason I have lost DC power for lighting (ceiling, above bed, and privacy,) in the bedroom of the motorhome.
I have checked every fuse I can find, but can't seem to find where it all connects in.
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

MrWizard
sounds like a loose wire
start with the light fixture that is closes to the DC fuse panel
sounds like it might be a loose 'neg/grd' wire for the circuit
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

McRvguy
Explorer
Explorer
kiwi.os wrote:
Checked at fuse board in front of bus, all 12vDC (non ignition) seemed fine with tester.

I would say because u have 3 lite circut,s that have quit they will have a 12V supply problem that is commen to all three. there should be what we call a HOUSE Fuse panel usually found around or near the 120V breaker panel.Keep searching as iam sure your dealing with a blown fuse.Lots of times its found in the rear closet
but almost never in the area (front) of the chassis fuse systems

kiwi_os
Explorer
Explorer
Checked at fuse board in front of bus, all 12vDC (non ignition) seemed fine with tester.

kiwi_os
Explorer
Explorer
93 Serenghetti I think, although it has "Ivory Edition" on a logo under the drivers and passengers windows. Cummins 8.3litre diesel pusher through Allison 6 speed World transmission.
Each light has its own switch (one each left and right privacy (Flouro), one each left and right reading (halogen), one ceiling flouro)
Thanks

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pull the switch out and check for 12V power t switch.then check for power thru switch when turned on.
If power........then pull first light you come to and check for power at that light and check the ground at light.

By checking every fuse...did you just look at them or did you check them with a tester and make sure you have power thru them?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

McRvguy
Explorer
Explorer
kiwi.os wrote:
Can anyone assist with a problem on a 93 Safari.
For some reason I have lost DC power for lighting (ceiling, above bed, and privacy,) in the bedroom of the motorhome.
I have checked every fuse I can find, but can't seem to find where it all connects in.
Thanks

how many switches involved?

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
What model Safari? Diesel? Gas?

Here is a Safari-specific forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Safarifriends/conversations/messages
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/