cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'95 Dynasty Step Slide Air Cylinder Access

DonBaja
Explorer
Explorer
After engine shutdown I have been losing air from the front sector and after reading some step slide posts I had to assume my cylinder is defective and air is leaking past the o-rings and exiting the MAC valve. I can feel the air rushing out of what I believe to be the MAC valve exhaust port after I shut the engine off and crawl underneath to look for air leaks. If the air isn't supposed to be rushing out of the MAC valve upon shutdown then I assume the cylinder is the issue. My generator is fixed and I can see no easy access to this cylinder unless the step slide can be slid completely out. This would appear to be a possibility once the carpeted face plate is detached.

If anyone here has knowledge of this issue I would very much appreciate a response. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would be VERY CAREFUL under a coach with a possible air leak. I had an issue with mine on my 96 Dynasty. Fortunately, I was able to access it from above since it was attached to the right side frame rail adjacent to the generator. When I removed that 1/4" air line, the rig dropped like a rock ! Had I been under it, I would have been crushed immediately.

MAKE SURE YOUR RIG IS BLOCKED BEFORE CRAWLING UNDER IT...PLEASE!......Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
Slide cover problems

You will find the answer in these threads. Good Luck 🙂 🙂