cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

About to Purchase 2018 Tiffin Allegro 34PA

dramsey1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 Sunstar 27n that I am thinking about trading for a 2018 Tiffin Allegro 34PA. The Ford chassis has been sufficient for my 27 footer but I wonder about this 34 footer. Ford introduced a six speed tranny in 2016 and I guess detuned the engine from 362 to 320 horsepower but apparently increased the torque slightly. Having a 2015 I don't know what this did to performance.

Does anyone have any experience with the pre 2016 powertrain and the post 2018 one? Can someone tell me if the horsepower reduction is made up for by the 6 versus 5 speed transmission?

Also, does anyone know how the late model 34PA's perform?

I would really appreciate any thoughts on this.
18 REPLIES 18

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
irishtom29 wrote:
As an aside, I suggest you get a 34PA with the optional 26,000 pound chassis; depending on your needs the standard 24,000 pound chassis can be low on payload.

do both of these chassis have the same size tires/rims? I priced what it would cost to replace the tires once and there was a big difference when you move up. talked me out of it.
bumpy

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
As an aside, I suggest you get a 34PA with the optional 26,000 pound chassis; depending on your needs the standard 24,000 pound chassis can be low on payload.

Bruce_Brown
Most reports on the "detuned" V10 say it actually performs better than the 362HP version, with most of the credit going to the new transmission.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 1999 chassis under my 34 footer and it certainly was adequate.
bumpy