cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abs light

WilliamE
Explorer
Explorer
Had a sensor fixed at freightliner last yr. been on 3 trips no prob.
Motorhome been sitting since April.
Pulled it out of the barn and backed up down my drive about 800 ft down a small slope to an open area to work on some other stuff.
Drove back up to the pole barn and now the abs light is on,kinda wired
Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
If you have an ohmmeter it is easy to check and replace the ABS sensors. Most have a connector about two feet from the sensor itself. It should read about 1200 ohms between the two contacts once it is unplugged. If you find a bad one, they are fairly easy to replace.
You can also try making sure that they are all pushed in completely and then drive it and see if they reset themselves.
X-2, this is where I would start!

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
Dunno about the ABS question but your place sounds beautiful....800 foot long driveway. BTW what is your equipment, chassis?
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you have an ohmmeter it is easy to check and replace the ABS sensors. Most have a connector about two feet from the sensor itself. It should read about 1200 ohms between the two contacts once it is unplugged. If you find a bad one, they are fairly easy to replace.
You can also try making sure that they are all pushed in completely and then drive it and see if they reset themselves.

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
I would take it out on the highway and give it a run.