cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added side view camara

Junatuna
Explorer
Explorer
Good Morning, We are picking up our class C at the beginning of next year and we ordered it with a rear view camera. I was looking into buying a after market camera for side view and would like to hear from someone who has done this, what kind, cost. Does it come with it's own monitor, where did you put it?. Thanks Tim
3 REPLIES 3

2KGeorgieBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Since you're not taking delivery of your unit until next year, is there any chance you can have the company install a camera system that includes the extra cameras?

happycamper002
Explorer
Explorer
I've got 4 cameras in my Class A. One on each side looking at blind spots, one rear looking just below the rear window.

I live in CA and there is a (silly) provision in DMV that doesn't allow monitors to be visible from the driver's side while the vehicle is in motion. It did not mention vehicle movement when backing up. So, your guess is as good as mine.

The fourth camera is mounted (partially) hidden just behind the awning strut. It is looking at the side door, that is interlocked with an annunciator that detects anyone (or any movement) at the doorstep.

I have three monitors which can be controlled independently.

My setup maybe an overkill but the backup camera is good to have. You can buy those wireless models or the ones that operate on bluetooth.

Because of interference (RFI) and vulnerability of wireless, especially when driving with other motorists who have wireless toys, a jumble radio signal is mind boggling , I prefer the hard wire model because of its high reliability and good image display.

And uh, did I mention I also have proximity sensors mounted just below the bumper where we keep the sewer hose?

This is a feature common in high end cars.

Good Luck

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I can't help with the how but they are good to have. Ours are under the mirrors so they look at the blind spot. After driving truck and trailer at work for many years at work and having a TT for many years I thought the camera was silly. We got a MH with them and I really like them.