Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Conditioner Drainage

BeerdGeek_81
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks,

I'm new to the forum and new to Rving. I just purchased a 2000 Tioga and so far I'm loving it. I just have a question about the AC drainage. This thing drains A LOT of water out of the drainage pipe under the vehicle. A LOT. I purchased the rig in FL and I'm driving it up to NC,so I'm not sure if the humidity in this part of the country plays a part. Anyway, any info you guys can provide is appreciated. Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

BeerdGeek_81
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies! I don't have any water run in inside so I'm glad to know it's working as it should be.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Which of the RV's TWO A/C units are you referring to?

Both create condensate water in their cooling/dehumidifying process.

On our Ford chassis, the "Dashboard Air" drains from the passenger side front of the dashboard area, then down across the frame near the right front tire. This is Normal.

The "Rooftop Air" drains out onto the roof, and where it comes down, depends on how the coach is sitting. May run off a corner, and end, or a side. Again, Normal. The arrangement is common to "most" RV's, simply pouring condensate out on the roof. There are some with different arrangements. But, if it's cooling, and the condensate is leaving the cockpit or the house, without getting inside, it's Working!
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

photobug
Explorer
Explorer
My old TT ac unit drain was plugged and it leaked inside. kind of a pain to step in a puddle in the middle of the night. When it was working correctly it would drain quite a bit when operating. Go watch the portable home units, you'll see that they drain quite a bit as well. Seen cars leave a bit of a puddle as well.
1998 Class C Lazy Daze 26 1/2 island bed
banks intake/exhaust
wifi/4g/siriusXM/DTV/DirecTV/CB
2xGeorbital electric bike conversions

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
HOT humid air inside RV gets pulled in thru 'return air' and flows across Evap Coil. Heat from air is absorbed by evap coil BUT the condensation runs down into a drip pan under the evap coil and then drains off.

Your's uses a drain tube down to ground under rig.

Trailers let it run off the roof......

The more humid the air the more condensation that will flow

ALL Normal......just keep drain tube clear.
Otherwise that drip pan fills/overflows and that condensation comes INSIDE thru return air OR gets sucked up by fan and then gets into discharge side -----drips out or blows into ducts
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31