cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any 80mph PLUS - class Aers still on here ?

LandYacht35dies
Explorer
Explorer
... I remember having some discussions with some of them .....

They could never offer a counter RATIONAL opinion to ......

If you’re in a hurry.... take a JET PLANE !! ... other than that .., set the cruise for the sweet spot of your motor homey and enjoy the scenery!
29 REPLIES 29

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Going on memory here, but I think I recall that our previous MH's on the F53 had a limiter to keep you under 80 MPH.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
Just to be clear 80 is fast, not old.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
I try to keep it at 60 but at times I get to 65. If you want to pass me go ahead. It doesn't bother me or my passengers. In fact I rather that than you tailgating us. Fuel mileage drops off quickly after 60.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything. Charles Kuralt

While our classic coach can maintain those speeds, we usually are on roads that will not and we like it that way.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
wapiticountry wrote:
If the speed limit is 80 and the conditions warrant driving the speed limit I go 80. I couldn't care less about seeing the one millionth and one corn field, wheat field or exit ramp along the interstate. I'll have plenty of scenery to enjoy when I get to where I am going and by traveling the speed limit I will have more time there as well. BTW, when driving you should be watching the road, not sightseeing.

I agree. Unless you are traveling the back roads, where 80 MPH is next to impossible, the interstate highway scenery is terrible. Comfort at the destination is why I have an RV, not because it is so much fun driving it. :B

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
If the speed limit is 80 and the conditions warrant driving the speed limit I go 80. I couldn't care less about seeing the one millionth and one corn field, wheat field or exit ramp along the interstate. I'll have plenty of scenery to enjoy when I get to where I am going and by traveling the speed limit I will have more time there as well. BTW, when driving you should be watching the road, not sightseeing.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I will admit to going down hill faster than up hill/level ground but on my RV I normally went 55-60.... The RV life is not about getting to your funeral first (We are all going to our funerals. Some folks in the devil's own hurry) It is about stopping to smell the roses as it were.

Today the RV is totaled (NOTE IT was parked 0.00 MPH when the trucker clipped it, no injuries and.. truth be told he did me a favor) and I "Traded" down to a JEEP. 75 MPH about 22 MPG 65 About 30 55 about 38
So I set it at 65...
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
We just did a 2,200+ mile trip towing our Explorer. The max tow speed for the Explorer is 65 MPH - I tried my very best not to exceed that. It was slower than my normal travel speed but I did a REALLY good job keeping it under 65. There was an adjustment period for me but I just set the cruise and parked it in the right lane. By the time the trip was over I was ok traveling at the slower pace.

Yeah, I'm getting old. :B

:B
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Unobtanium
Explorer
Explorer
I see class A's going 80 or close to it almost every day on the NY thruways or PA Tpike, plenty of TTs and 5ers also. Perhaps it's not the potential catastrophe one is led to believe in threads such as this. If you go below 70 you may be the hazard as you're getting passed by evry other vehicle on the highway, and backing up traffic.

Bruce_Brown
We just did a 2,200+ mile trip towing our Explorer. The max tow speed for the Explorer is 65 MPH - I tried my very best not to exceed that. It was slower than my normal travel speed but I did a REALLY good job keeping it under 65. There was an adjustment period for me but I just set the cruise and parked it in the right lane. By the time the trip was over I was ok traveling at the slower pace.

Yeah, I'm getting old. :B
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
Our tires sizes are only rated to 75 mph same as semis.

65 is fast enough but it's hard to stay there with everyone else passing
I find myself wanting to keep up, 80 is my age, not my mph

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
There isn't much scenery on the interstates anyway.

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
At 80 mph they won't see any scenery.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
At the bottom of a hill where I can see way ahead I’ll occasionally let it get above 80 instead of putting the brakes on. Two summers ago headed east across Kansas I had a 30+ mph tailwind and got passed by a Prevost at 75… my usual is 65.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I personally respect the lives of those around me.