cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any first hand info on the FR3, 25'DS

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
We currently own a 28.5' Bounder and it is a little old as am I, and DW and I would like a new/newer rig. She wants shorter, I'm willing to go to 30-32'.

She loves the Winnie VIA, but it is very spendy. All the used ones I've looked at are priced at the same as the price of new ones if, you can get 25% off MSRP.

She liked the Thor ACE but the 27.1 is longer than our current rig by a couple of inches.

Now she wants me to look at the Forest River FR3, 25DS. We're scheduled to go tomorrow to look at one. It has almost everything I'd like, except levelers. There are only 3 FACTORY options, levelers, outdoor entertainment center and an LED TV for the bedroom. I know that a Dealer will install almost anything you want but I'm happy with just adding the levelers.

The price advertised is about 33% under MSRP and not too bad at about $75K.

I was just wondering if any one had any experience with the RF3 in either length? I'm about to check for an owners club but, there may not be one yet as I understand it is pretty new model.

Thanks, Dave
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II
5 REPLIES 5

Rwake901
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at one of those before we bought our ACE 30.1. Same lay out as the ACE only I didn't like that there wasn't any night stands beside the bed. Also the window treatments looked cheaper and it has a plastic toilet where the ACE's is porcelain..

gerrym51
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd look at Thor AXis/Vegas before this model FR3.

OhhWell
Explorer
Explorer
The biggest complaints I hear about the FR3 are the huge bed with no end tables and the shower.
1998 bounder 36s V10 F53

WayneSC
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at the Coachmen Pursuit 27kb it's in price range and better quality then the rest IMO.
Wayne & Charlotte
2014 Coachmen Pursuit

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Winnie 26HE for $69k, TMC Axis for about 69k, or TMC ACE 27.1 for $65k, are good ones to look at too. I didn't like the FR3's bedroom with no side tabes but that's just me.
2013 ACE 29.2