cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone have a wife who overpacks motorhome?

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
My late wife believed in traveling light including her closet. My wife now jams every drawer and closet full. Mixers, electric oven, groceries (we don't even eat in that much). Now it's emergency rations in the basement. Anyone else have this problem. :h
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !
61 REPLIES 61

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
I had that problem with relatives traveling on trips.

When the relatives started bringing piles and piles of stuff I would make them weigh it. Whatever their stuff weighed meant that amount of weight had to come 'out' of the MH 'before' any more of their stuff came in.
Caused a few arguments between them over who's stuff was more important. But I was not part of the equation they had to figure it out themselves and I had a clutter free MH. And my coach was not overweight with a bunch of unnecessary stuff.

you took relatives?
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I had that problem with relatives traveling on trips.

When the relatives started bringing piles and piles of stuff I would make them weigh it. Whatever their stuff weighed meant that amount of weight had to come 'out' of the MH 'before' any more of their stuff came in.
Caused a few arguments between them over who's stuff was more important. But I was not part of the equation they had to figure it out themselves and I had a clutter free MH. And my coach was not overweight with a bunch of unnecessary stuff.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.