cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone have experience with Dynamax Super Cs?

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

Looking to soon go on the road part time and eventually full time. While we love our current rig thinking we may need something a bit larger and at a minimum a washer and dryer. But we don't want to go too large.  Having had Class As before, as well a FW, we really find we like the features and drivability of a Class C. Also prefer Diesel over Gas. Looking at the Europa line from Dynamax - specifically the 31SS. I've had a few FR products before and (knock on wood) I have been pleased. The Dynamax Europa fit and finish looks nice and from the reviews I've read, they handle well. Appreciate any input. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS
5 REPLIES 5

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II

How excited you must be look for another unit!

way2roll I found my Fred noisy and expensive to run. It was based on the E-350.

another consideration is length to wheel base.  My E was 26 feet to 176" and drove like a big car. My E-450 is 27 feet 7 " with 176" It is much less nimble (translation hard to drive). Tail swing was a BIG issue. I had 4 minor tail swing events in the first 3 years of ownership.

So for all those goodies--you will need to have an extended wheel base unit or you will be tired of driving rather quickly.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Thanks Don. I agree, it is fun to shop - until you have to open your wallet. ๐Ÿ™‚

The Dynamax Europa series is built on the freightliner M2 Chassis with airbags. The 31SS is 33 feet long with a 245" wheelbase. So, if my thinking is right, it should be pretty stable and not much of a tail swing. That's why I am looking at it pretty closely. Our MBS Class C is super nimble and one of the things we love about it. Maneuverability in State parks and fuel stops has become something we really enjoy.  I know a super C won't be as nimble, but with those specs and 100-gal fuel capacity, I feel like it won't be dramatically different and fuel stops will be cut by 60%. 

I do wonder about noise though. Our gasser Class As were insufferable both in noise and ride quality. Our Class C MBS by contrast is pretty quiet and ride quality is great. I know that a DP would solve for both of those, but I really enjoy the layout, drive position and safety features of a Class C. So, I am hoping a higher end freightliner Class C offers a great ride quality. Reports I've read put MPG about the same range as most motorhomes. Our MBS is great on fuel but pretty anemic in the mountains and towing a car. Not terribly concerned about Mileage - I never really have been in any of our RV's. They all seem to hover somewhere between 8-11. Tailwind here, mountain there...etc. 

In the end we like our MBS Class C enough to keep it unless something presents itself as better and we'll figure out longer term issues later. But everything I am reading about the Freightliner based short class Cs seems like they fit the bill. Planning a trip to my dealer to drive one. That will tell a lot. 

Hi,

I was able to get good results on noise from using air tabs. I didn't try them on my Fred--but only because I did not know about them. They helped with mileage with a tail wind--but no noticeable difference in a head wind. https://www.airtab.com/

By driving 80 kph (50 mph) I get about 13.5 mpg (imperial) 11.2 us My RV weighs in at 13750 with all tanks full, provisioned with food and clothing with 2 folks riding.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Thanks! I came across that over the weekend. Nice read and a great user review.