cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Started to look into some water damage in the kitchen of our 83 Pace Arrow. The more I looked, the more I found. I have some pics of the damage so far. Anyone interested in following a rebuild thread?
If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.
8,452 REPLIES 8,452

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
Merry Christmas to everyone!! We are having our 4th annual Christmas drop in for everyone in our neighborhood (1600 homes)that are home alone today. Expecting 40-50 if last year is any indication, but we are prepared for 80 or more, just in case.

Al (FloridaRosebud)

cruising_spud
Explorer
Explorer
Wishing everyone a Happy Holiday.
Kathy

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Merry Merry to you all, and God's blessings. We are joyful here today as we got a beautiful surprise yesterday afternoon. Our youngest grand daughter from Ct just drove into our driveway, no warning! Very exciting for us. Wishing you all at least the happiness that we ourselves feel.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Merry Christmas to all, We will be going to our Son's for dinner this afternoon so everyone enjoy your family time together, it will end all to soon and then back to the daily grind Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Well, since I didn't have to work for my niece today, I spent nearly all day working on the motor home. Boy, did I get a lot done.

Unfortunately, the wife was really miffed!

THAT'S A JOKE FOLKS. I DID NOT SPEND ALL DAY ON THE MOTOR HOME! Lol.

Just wanted to say, I hope you all will have a very Merry Christmas with family and friends tomorrow.

We are headed to my brother's place tomorrow, and we are having a family meal during the afternoon.

Take a break everyone!

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
PastorCharlie wrote:
Merry Christmas and may the new year bring to you and yours many marvelous wonders.

Thank you and same to you and yours!

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Merry Christmas and may the new year bring to you and yours many marvelous wonders.

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Now we've got the lower part of the back wall glued in place, with the plywood screwed to the steel studs. The insulation is just glued, and tightly secured in between the pieces of plywood with adhesive both top and bottom.

The red circles show some of the screws holding the plywood in place. The insulation helps cut the heat/cold transfer from inside to outside, and vice versa.

The middle piece of plywood is centered at the 16 inch mark. Why, you ask?

Well, there is a good chance that along part of the back wall, and part of the passenger side wall at the rear will have a bench/window seat. I want something to fasten that to, which will also give a bunch of storage back there.

This makes the back wall about 1/2 insulated with the interior insulation.

Next step will be to finish the upper half of the back wall.

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Next is to add a bead of adhesive on the floor, to lay the plywood on, so we have a good seal between the floor and plywood.

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Next step in this process is to begin gluing plywood and insulation on the back wall.

Here I took a piece of the cut plywood, laid some beads of adhesive on it, and then spread it all over the back side with the plastic "beading" tool. Ended up looking like this, ready to install.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
dennis1 wrote:
After a year and a half donโ€™t you think itโ€™s time to gibpve it up?

I think you might have forgotten to put your smiley face in there! It's just starting to get good!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
ro_sie wrote:
Hang in there fulltimin. I think we ALL need to ignore the naysayers and the negative comments. The more they are responded to, the longer they will rant and rave. Now, about that saw dust. I would hang on to it. As you said it is a great hole filler. put it in that Lowes bag and tie the end shut and stash it someplace. Btw, thanks for the Lowes purchases. a family member works for them and buys stock in the company ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks. I figure we've had a good run so far without a lot of bickering and bitchin', and I'd like to keep it that way.

Granted, there is some information in here that some will think is elementary, and to others, it's new information. We just need to remember that not everyone has had the same experience/knowledge in life.

When people used to come into my computer shop, sometimes they would tell me how ignorant they felt about not knowing much about fixing their computer.

My response was always the same. Out of all the people who drive cars, how many of them know how to fix them?

That usually left an impression that they could identify with, and they left feeling a little better.

Pretty much the same here with some of the things I have presented.

As far as Lowes goes, some days they are just a little too close. 3 miles from my house, lol. I do like shopping there, but, it's probably a good thing they don't sell Ryobi, like Home Depot does, or by now, I'd probably own every single tool Ryobi sells!

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
joerg68 wrote:
Thanks for the frequent updates! I admire your ability to take on this huge project one step at a time. In that, I think you are setting a great example in a time where everyone is used to getting everything instantly, and with only one click. I really wish for your project to succeed, and that you can take the RV out camping some not too distant day!

Thank you, and Happy Holidays!

Thank you and have a wonderful Holiday Season as well!

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Hang in there fulltimin. I think we ALL need to ignore the naysayers and the negative comments. The more they are responded to, the longer they will rant and rave. Now, about that saw dust. I would hang on to it. As you said it is a great hole filler. put it in that Lowes bag and tie the end shut and stash it someplace. Btw, thanks for the Lowes purchases. a family member works for them and buys stock in the company ๐Ÿ™‚
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II
Thanks for the frequent updates! I admire your ability to take on this huge project one step at a time. In that, I think you are setting a great example in a time where everyone is used to getting everything instantly, and with only one click. I really wish for your project to succeed, and that you can take the RV out camping some not too distant day!

Thank you, and Happy Holidays!
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow