cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone traveling yet

We have been ready to go since end of Feb. First destination is still closed and not much sense in going unless we can see the sites along the way
101 REPLIES 101

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
Boon Docker wrote:
JC2 wrote:
Unbelieveable what some will do/say when the medical facts are there. Kinda wonder what planet they came from.

Yeah, stupidity abounds on this planet.

You two are competing for the most arrogant know-it-alls on the forum, but it's actually you two who are blind to the reality. The cure is worse than the disease. Yes, I know, Cuomo says the disease is death, but this cure also brings death. Lives will be shortened due to depression, substance abuse, and even suicide. Lives will be shortened due to less exercise, more obesity, and related diseases. Lives will be shortened due to more poverty and hunger. The cure is also death. You're just sacrificing one group of innocent lives to save the old, the fat, and the sick. You are probably in that group so you are afraid of the virus. I've taken care of my health for 60 years so I'm not afraid of a virus that kills about 1% of the people who are infected, and most of them didn't have much longer to live anyway.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
FloridaRosebud wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
JC2 wrote:
Unbelieveable what some will do/say when the medical facts are there. Kinda wonder what planet they came from.

Yep, as a friend of mine says, you can't fix stupid. Until you have a loved one on a vent for 12 days and in the hospital for over 3 weeks, and 2 friends on their backs for 3 weeks, then you'll know that this virus is for real. We are really just in the beginning stages of the pandemic. Everyone stay safe, and listen to the Science, not the talking heads on TV.

Al

Yup, everyone is brave until they are punched in the mouth -- or until the mortar shells start raining.

Don't wish this to anyone of seeing love ones dying a painful death similar to drowning and a lonely one, alone and no-ceremony straight to cremation.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
You gotta love the Covid police. You should just stay home and and stay healthy then. Why do you believe you should take it upon yourself to tell other adults how to behave.

If your lucky Fauci will have a vaccine for his flu maybe by winter.

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:
JC2 wrote:

Yep, as a friend of mine says, you can't fix stupid. Until you have a loved one on a vent for 12 days and in the hospital for over 3 weeks, and 2 friends on their backs for 3 weeks, then you'll know that this virus is for real. We are really just in the beginning stages of the pandemic. Everyone stay safe, and listen to the Science, not the talking heads on TV.

Al

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
JC2 wrote:

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just got back from a weekend excursion to Crooked River State Park in Georgia.

Georgia State Parks have been open the entire time.

Have another camping trip planned for mid June, and also Gulf Shores over 4th of July.

We practiced social distancing and had a great time.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at a fairly full RV park in Williams AZ this past week. People I spoke to weren't at all worried about the virus. They all seemed to agree that the virus isn't all it was cracked up to be. Most guys I spoke to were either retired or prior military and could see through the BS. And no one was wearing a mask. Here's my drone shot of our immediate area.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
doxiemom11 wrote:
Many of us who are in campgrounds will follow guidelines and do it safely. The general public will not! That has been seen by photos from various state beaches and parks especially over this past weekend as places started to open, some have closed again becaue of it. They even shut down the parking areas to try and control the crowds. I saw how people responded to the lift of the stay at home this past week. They think the threat of the virus is over and that it's gone - one person even commented they are glad it's done. Won't even practice social distancing. A campground may be safer than your own neighborhood as most other campers don't infringe on your site. Waiting for our seasonal site at a county park in MI to open, hoping to leave TX in a couple of weeks. Not worried about travel, there's always some place to park for the night.

Seen the same case in an interview with a mayor in Florida. They have to close the beach since they cited 8 thousand people violating the social. distancing protocol.

I wish we RVers are of better bred, but I've seen enough even on the most beautiful and pristine of campgrounds.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many of us who are in campgrounds will follow guidelines and do it safely. The general public will not! That has been seen by photos from various state beaches and parks especially over this past weekend as places started to open, some have closed again becaue of it. They even shut down the parking areas to try and control the crowds. I saw how people responded to the lift of the stay at home this past week. They think the threat of the virus is over and that it's gone - one person even commented they are glad it's done. Won't even practice social distancing. A campground may be safer than your own neighborhood as most other campers don't infringe on your site. Waiting for our seasonal site at a county park in MI to open, hoping to leave TX in a couple of weeks. Not worried about travel, there's always some place to park for the night.

btilfan
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
btilfan wrote:
heading to Chicago this weekend so grandkid can pack up dorm room. then california in two weeks to pick up son and bring home. going to play it by ear.

I really hope you find places to stay along your route. Your trip will be something like that encountered by the great depression migration. Something your children will always remember.....and grand kids will think is a fable.

Called ahead, we can stay in Hyatt parking lot for $25 in chicago
2007 Damon Astoria Pacifica
My next hobby.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
For those brave souls. Be safe!

Maintain the Covid protocols.

This sounded grim, but if you will not or won't, CDC gave out a new and double death rate forecast just in case.

And remember, your freedom stops when you start to invade other people's personal space -- now set at 6 feet.

Yes, you can be sued for reckless endangerment with deliberate violation and a warning as some seniors and immuno-compromised people have to go out and have no choice for their essential needs.

Looking for a way to go camping ourselves before I go mental -- even if I myself is at risk (my body is virus attractant and had the flu every year as a child though high school and will get a fever after a flu shot.)

shannon62
Explorer
Explorer
We were going on 2 trips this year & selling everything to go fulltime in 2 years. We wanted to have fun this last year with our travel trailer, but it is up in the air because of corona.

shannon62
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All, we have a trip planned for myrtle beach in june, and also a trip to erie in august. Do not know whether to go or not, we do not like the idea that we have to wear mask while sitting on the beach.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
chuckftboy wrote:
Just returned from Perdido Key, on the gulf. Pretty full resort and a lot of RV's on the road. Didn't see anyone hugging, kissing or even hanging in groups of 10 or more but sure was a lot fun for everyone there.

Good to hear.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!