cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Arches National Park

Turner__P
Explorer
Explorer
Question..... Can we drive our 32' Class C through Arches National Park?
Paul T
9 REPLIES 9

Turner__P
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all of the responses. We went to the Park at 7 AM and had no problems. It was well worth the effort. They are doing some road construction but it had no impact on us.

Thanks again,
Paul T

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
We didn't have a bit of trouble with our 27' Four Winds Class C and a pickup/huge camper in Arches, as there is easy access & parking. The main parking area at the Delicate Arch trailhead has a large vehicle area. There's plenty of paved pull-outs and several dirt areas just off the roads that are plenty big enough for class C motorhomes.

The only issue we had was the ford frontend fell apart after it was aligned at the ford garage.

Just as others have said, get an early start, go all the way to the end, and work your way back out. Take your time; you might want to spend more than 1 day there. I wish we had the time to explore way more than we did, but we thoroughly enjoyed all we saw.

2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes you can but it is very bad idea. The roads are narrow with very little shoulder and RV parking is scarce at best. Last April the park was packed... I can only imagine how crowded it is during the summer months.

I had two motorhomes run me off the road to avoid a head on collision while riding the park on our motorcycle. They seemed to think the double yellow line was "optional"... Arrrrg!

Do yourself and everyone else in the park a huge favor and drive your Toad, rental car or motorcycle and leave the motorhome back at the RV Park.

:S

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Are they still doing road work in Arches?
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

F1bNorm
Explorer
Explorer
We were there last summer. The parks web advice is pretty good. See: https://www.nps.gov/arch/planyourvisit/gettingaround.htm

There was some RV parking, but several were full. Look at the sat view in Google maps and you will get an idea of how the park is laid out. Most stops were turnouts or turn around loops. Definitely would take the toad or consider renting a car
F1BNorm

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
My advice is start out early and go to the farthest point in the park and work your way backwards . We did that one day and it worked out better for us. We were using our toad though. The entrance road from the visitor center up the first hill is steep and windy but more than safe. The hikes are worth the effort. Also in that area are places where you can drive and view dinosaur tracks , and of course be sure and visit the rock shop on the right hand side leaving moab towards the park. he is a very interesting character with cool stuff to see. Another road takes you along the river and you can view petroglyps from years ago on the rocks.
we left Moab and headed towards the petrified forest and then on home to Ca. Wonderful trip.

Yes, you can drive your MH in the park.

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't consider Arches any different than most national parks with regards to getting around in a 32' motor home. It can be done but with limitations, especially challenging between Memorial Day and Labor Day when families travel due to their kid's summer vacation schedules. It seems the weeks just outside that time period is filled with European travelers, but not as big of a crowd. It really quiets down starting the 3rd week of September. The problem traveling then is that it gets dark so early.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Yes, but you won't find regular parking spots, however, you'll find a few turnouts you can use to stop and take pictures.

Get there early so you'll encounter less traffic and more places to park.

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
Went through there in our 26 ft MH and never noticed a tight spot where a 32 wouldn't go .
Saying that,,, now doing a u-turn or parking in a few places would be a problem.