cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Arizona Purchase

Bagger1955
Explorer
Explorer
So we traded in our older coach while visiting Quartzsite a few weeks ago and purchased a 2016 Fleetwood Pace Arrow PD. The new/used coach had only 5000 miles on it and it was originally registered in AZ. Now I'm trying to register it in California and DMV is telling me that they need the Title. Unfortunately, AZ DMV Titles are electronic and I'm told that it can be a real hassle to transfer to California. US Bank has the loan on the new coach. Can anyone offer any advise on how best to get the coach registered and what's needed.
15 REPLIES 15

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
Ca uses electronic as well now. https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/eltp

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
The bank holds the title, you should only have to show Ca your sales contract.

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, I have bought two cars and two trailers since moving to AZ and have gotten the paper tittle in the mail every time but they were paid for with cash. US Bank will be holding your title and they aren't going to give it up until it's paid for. So contact them about transferring it to CA.
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
AJBert wrote:
I highly suggest just moving out of CA...period.

New one on me, paper title should always be available. Yes I hear you AJ, if only I could convince my wife to move!!! This place is getting more rediculous by the day.
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Bought from a consignment dealer in Mesa, Arizona back in Feb of 2016 and they sent me the title after I called them and gave them an address.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

aguablanco
Explorer
Explorer
I currently have 5 AZ titles in the safe. Never heard of electronic titles here in AZ.
RichH
2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
South Dakota does electronic titles now too. Haven't had to try to get our title released, so no idea what that entails. I'd call the state licensing bureau to find out what you have to do. I would think the selling dealership should be taking care of that.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
1. What does the selling dealer's General Manager say-- THAT is who to ask.

2. Call the Arizona DMV and determine the status of the title giving them your VIN.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

AJBert
Explorer
Explorer
I highly suggest just moving out of CA...period.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
curious why isn,t the dealer taking care of this?

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
Electronic titles when clear of liens are just like paper titles and are available to the buyer. When you bought the mh the seller I assume paid off his lien and the title at that point is free & clear.You can get a paper title to take to your state for registration in your name and recording your lien holder.
I don't know the details of your transactions but I would start with your lien holder acknowledging they have the title or waiting for you to get the AZ title put in your name with them as lien holder.

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
the last motor home i purchased in az i received the az tittle from the state in less than three weeks. dealer said it would be cleaner and faster than giving me the original tittle to drag back to oregon .

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
IN FL they are electronic and if you want one that is paper then it will cost you. We paid Honda CRV early last year and that was how it worked. As cheap as I am I figured the state can keep the electronic title and if I sell it then it will be a trip to the DMV. That was even at our credit union. Other places could be different though.
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Bagger1955 wrote:
So we traded in our older coach while visiting Quartzsite a few weeks ago and purchased a 2016 Fleetwood Pace Arrow PD. The new/used coach had only 5000 miles on it and it was originally registered in AZ. Now I'm trying to register it in California and DMV is telling me that they need the Title. Unfortunately, AZ DMV Titles are electronic and I'm told that it can be a real hassle to transfer to California. US Bank has the loan on the new coach. Can anyone offer any advise on how best to get the coach registered and what's needed.

We have been Az residents for over 20 years, and have always gotten a paper title.

Never heard of them being electronic.

We bought our most recent coach in Ca, and with the " Privacy Laws", the dealer had to Fed ex the title to the local Az MVD. Which, by the way, was paper, and the title we got from Az is paper too. That was less than 4 months ago, so sounds like someone is blowing smoke.

Call US Bank and have them handle the transfer of the title, either to you, or the California DMV. Arizona and California are reciprocity States, so there shouldn't be any hassle.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us