Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
I ordered an exact replacement from Amazon. Got the entire arm and head for $187.00. I have an appointment later in the month to get it installed at an RV shop. Also going to get a new awning while I'm at it.

Thanks everyone!

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's good to hear,it makes getting new ones a lot easier. When mine broke the label was missing,making it a real pain to replace it.

Good luck and safe travels.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
I just went outside and checked, and sure enough, iamichabod, there is a label and it's readable! Thanks again! That will greatly help in getting the proper replacement! I looked all over that mirror, but never looked underneath it!

Dale
Dale Pace

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks again, Bob and Iamichabod! I have never looked under the mirror. I will go check that first!

Dale
Dale Pace

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have to replace them just look under each mirror to get the correct replacement.

Left Mirror:

Right Mirror:

Velvac mirrors are side specific.

Try This Place the have it all,good to work with and helpful staff.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dale, , any time you have difficulty finding a part, there are suppliers out there that are not on the internet. Independent rv repair shop owners deal with suppliers that are not internet listed. They deal within the commercial network of dealers.

Bob

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Thank you bobndot!

Dale
Dale Pace

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.finditparts.com/products/507074/velvac-714559.amp?srcid=CHL01SCL010-Npla-Dmdt-Gusa-Svbr-...

If this is not your mirror then try this company to find the correct model.

jittruckparts.com
https://www.jittruckparts.com/2015-2020-replacement-glass-kit-709407?gclid=Cj0KCQiA5aWOBhDMARIsAIXLlkeCixJKGZ99ob3_FJcOf2at80Xxr7ug0hSNXd_cKCUFeZkz-4RrKjkaAqBnEALw_wcB

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I googled
‘Velvac class C rv mirrors’

Too many mirrors to list.

I will try to link a few diff suppliers

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
On my recent trip to Texas and back, we were traveling on a day with high gusty winds. While traveling in road construction, a sudden gust blew a road construction sign from the top of the jersey wall into me. Fortunately, it hit my sideview mirror arm. The arm slammed against the driver's window and the glass in the mirror shattered, but that was all the damage. . . nothing to the driver's window and nothing down the side of the motorhome. I was really lucky. I found a large makeup mirror and a fish eye lens at a nearby Walmart and with the help of clear Gorilla tape, I was able to get a replacement good enough to get me back to Florida.

The mirrors are Velvac mirrors and I can find them on line. Just wondered if any of you had replaced those mirrors. Looks like a set screw is all that is holding it there. The glass is all that needs replacing, but the mirror head is marred and I'm thinking I will replace it as well.

Dale
Dale Pace

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks for the link bobndot. Thst's what I think I will do for now. I normally carry a custom aluminum trunk (hitch mount) that contains all the sewer/water stuff, but it's not big enough for the spare. On this trip I put all that stuff in a tub and carried it in the trailer and left the trunk at home. I could just keep that inside till I get to my destination.

I had planned on trading MinnieMee in and upgrading my rig, but I want a Coach House and they are hard to come by, so I am keeping MinnieMee in shape and using her. She's doing great!

Dale
Dale Pace

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dale, would a 2x2 hitch carrier be helpful to haul your spare tire when not traveling with your trailer ?

https://www.etrailer.com/Spare-Tire-Carrier/etrailer/e98ZR.html?feed=npn&utm_source=google&utm_mediu...

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Dale, so sorry to learn about Terry. My sincere condolences.
You took care of a lot of ‘business’ on that tiring trek, time to get MinnieMe fixed and relax!
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Just got back from a whirlwind trip to south Texas. Drove MinnieMee, my 2004, R-Vision Trail-lite 213, from my home in Florida to Mission Texas, a little over 1300 miles. My daughter went with me and I towed my 6 x 12 enclosed cargo trailer. The purpose of the trip was to empty my place there of stuff I wanted and to try and get a sale going before heading back. Wanted to get back in time for my daughter to drive back to Virginia for Christmas with her family.

We left the day after Thanksgiving and because that was such a bad travel day due to traffic, we took 4 days to get there. MinnieMee did fine and pulled the trailer like nothing was there.

We got there on a Wednesday and started cleaning out the shed, etc. Terry and I had already gotten a lot of stuff out of it so this trip was the golf cart, my patio set and anything else I could haul. By Friday I had the Texas room cleaned, so I put a sign in the yard and within an hour I had lookers. They were steady all day and by evening the first looker called me back and said she wanted it. About 20 minutes later another looker came by to tell me the same. No squabbling on price and a cash deal. Long story short, the deal was made and $$ wired and I started sorting the stuff I wanted to take back with me.

While we waited for paperwork, my daughter and I did some sightseeing. The last time she was there she was 16 and she's 45 now, so I showed her a few sights we could squeeze in and she was able to buy some souvenirs for her kids and husband, etc.

Last Friday, three men friends came and loaded my trailer, cart in first, then everything else. Saturday we started back to Florida. Drove to the east side of Houston the first day amid fierce wind. A road construction sign was blown into my side view mirror which closed the arm in and shattered the glass in the mirror as it hit the driver's window. I did not see it coming. I was not out of my travel lane because it was a construction zone and I had a jersey wall on my left and a line of traffic on my right. Fortunately even though I was startled, I kept my cool and continued on. Once we were able to get to a rest area and get out and inspect, I found the only casualty was the mirror and not a scratch or anything else on MinnieMee. I had a makeup mirror in the bathroom, so my daughter and I taped it on the mirror head and I was back in business. That worked the rest of the first day, but we stopped the next morning at a Wally World and I bought a larger mirror and a fish eye lens and gorilla double stick tape and gorilla vinyl tape, all clear, and fixed a better system which allowed me as much vision as before.

I did forget the one other casualty. The spare tire and mount pulled out of the back wall of the motorhome. Looks like the wall holding the huge screws is crumbly and rotted a bit, although the other part of the wall seems solid. We removed the remaining screws that were holding it on and put the spare in the trailer. We caulked the holes to prevent water leakage and I will have to find someone who can make that repair. If any of you have experienced similar, tell me about your repair.

Sunday and Monday I drove almost 500 miles each day to get home to Polk City. I will never drive that far again in one day, but I really wanted to get back home. We arrived at 5:30 last evening, still light out. My daughter, to whom I am forever indebted for making this trip with me, insisted we unload the trailer last night. We did. By 8:30 we had the top back on the golf cart and took a ride around our park to look at Christmas lights.

The entire trip from Florida to Texas and back was 15 days and over 3000 miles, half with MinnieMee pulling a loaded trailer. She did great, never once overheating or even hinting at it. Trailer pulled straight and true, and although the cart had shifted in the trailer, everything made it through with maybe a scratch or two, but intact. And my place in Texas is sold, $$ in the bank.

I was so glad to get home without any more problems than I had.
This was the last "loose end" I had to tie up since Terry's (Teacher's Pet) death in October 2020. From now on, my trips will all be for pleasure. We had planned to do this trip in October, but my Mom passed away and I spent two months before/after her death in Indiana sorting things out. No way did I think we could get it done between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but that was the only time we had due to other commitments.

Safe travels everyone!

Dale
Dale Pace

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5