Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

wlbjrincctx
Explorer
Explorer
My mistake, I thought it was the coach battery that was the problem.
Since it is the chassis battery, it should be a Chevy problem.

Larry

Snow? What is snow? Oh, that is the stuff I see on TV.
From balmy Corpus Christi, Texas.
Larry B.

*This Message was edited on 20-Feb-03 10:25 PM by wlbjrincctx*
Larry B
"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."

http:/www.196th.org/

B-Plus
Explorer
Explorer
My short , I think it's a short, it acts like one is in the chassic part of my RV not the house part, I was able to start the motor by using my coach battery switch on my dash board. I did have my RV pluged 110v from my garage so that battery is OK. I also make sure the house battery is switched off with the switch by the steps when I leave it . There is definatley something using juice from the chassic battery. I put a Volt meter on the battery after I charged it up and it read 12.67 Volts ( about 95% ) , I left it connected overnight and checked it the next day and the reading was 12.45 ( about 70% ) the next day it read 12.14 , so something is really sucking juice from it. I just returned from Canada so I did not have a chance to bring it back to the dealer , and next week I have to go again so everything has to wait until I return. I am trying to do my driving between snow storms, we just got about 21" of it here in CT Monday. Thanks for your response Dan & Larry.
2003 6.0 Chev Trail-lite B-Plus 225
2007 6.0 Chev 170 Roadtrek ( Daily Driver )
1976 Corvette

wlbjrincctx
Explorer
Explorer
Unless the battery disconnect is used, the coach battery runs the tank monitor panel with its sensors as well as the water heater and refrigerator circuit boards (I think!)
I may be wrong (I was wrong earlier this year, but it turned out to be a mistake and I wasn't).

I will call my dealer in the morning to make sure.

Larry B
Larry B

Plusit
Explorer
Explorer
Larry's right, Dario. It's located on the lower right near the side entry door. If you haven't turned it off, it will drain the house battery.

Nevertheless, it's a good idea to run the generator from time to time in cold weather and it will top off the battery as well.

You can also leave the vehicle plugged in if you have an outdoor outlet.

wlbjrincctx
Explorer
Explorer
Did you use the battery disconnect switch?

Larry
Larry B

B-Plus
Explorer
Explorer
I noticed that the new brochure for the b-pluses state that the black water tank is only 22 gals? Has anyone with a 225 measured to see if they have 33 gals as stated on the old brochure or 22 gal as noted on the new brochure.
I have had my new 225 sitting in my driveway for the last two weeks with 24" of snow on it. Little by little I have been checking out everything and everything seems to work OK . I did not try the fridge yet. The only problem that I have is the chassic battery has a constant drain on it and is running down the battery in about 2 or 3 days. I charged up the battery and disconnected it until I get a chance to bring it back to the dealer. I don't know if it is a Chev problem or an R-vision problem. I am interested to see when I take it back to the dealer if he passes the buck on to a chassic problem and tells me that I have to go to the Chev dealer?
2003 6.0 Chev Trail-lite B-Plus 225
2007 6.0 Chev 170 Roadtrek ( Daily Driver )
1976 Corvette

wlbjrincctx
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know how much storage there is (if any) on outside of the 211?

Ask Dan, he owns one. I have a 225. It has no real outside storage, but it does not bother me.

Larry
Larry B

Ellne
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the brochures. Does anyone know how much storage there is (if any) on outside of the 211?
Ellen
2004 BT Cruiser 5230

wlbjrincctx
Explorer
Explorer
Pics are also posted here:

http://benchmarkservices.com/Traillite/

Be aware that these are large files, may take awhile to download. If you are using Internet Explorer 6, the pic will load full size, then immediately reduce in size. Go to the bottom right and click on the enlarge icon.

Larry

*This Message was edited on 20-Feb-03 03:57 PM by wlbjrincctx*
Larry B

TonyTiger
Explorer
Explorer
I'm having some v shaped metal skids welded on to protect the spare and dump cap. Hopefully I won't end up with the skids engaged and the rear wheels spinning.
Trail Lite 235S Gone; Four Winds Siesta
Pennsylvania
Me, the wife and the boys (2 Border Collies)

TonyTiger
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be looking forward to your log. It looks like out unit has come in to the Dealer and is being prepped. We're having them add power seats (which were somehow not an option and a storage pod with a hitch platform in the back. I tried to order the Chevy Vortec engine but it was already dropped as an option. I liked the Ford V-10 but my wife likes the space that the Chevy cab gives around the seats. Guess who won.
Trail Lite 235S Gone; Four Winds Siesta
Pennsylvania
Me, the wife and the boys (2 Border Collies)

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have the time now, but intend to write a summary of problems I have had the first year of ownership, along with the strong points. Overall, I am still really happy with my unit. I am already thinking about getting new upholstery in a couple of years, but mine is holding up pretty well, given that it gets used almost every day of the year. I have noticed on other threads that owners claim to get 12-14mpg with B+ units. I am getting a little better than 10, but drive at traffic speeds, which is about 10mph better than others claim to drive. Frankly, I believe that one of the advantages of my unit is that I can easily drive the speed limit, and arrive more rested at my destination!
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S

Ellne
Explorer
Explorer
It would be great if you could get the specs page on here somehow. I could not figure any way to enlarge the image. (Yahoo forum is a lot harder to use than this one)
Ellen
2004 BT Cruiser 5230

wlbjrincctx
Explorer
Explorer
Page 2 and page 3-1 are posted, just click on the full size.

Larry B
Larry B

wlbjrincctx
Explorer
Explorer