Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dario, I too have been searching for some good ideas on screens for the van windows. There is a pricey solution at: BugBarrier - about $80. I think I like your idea of Velcro better.

I have thought about using magnets with the screen on the outside of the door, but the magnets have to be powerful enough to hold through the screen material. Then they are clunky bouncing around in the van when not in use.

What about using a hot glue gun for fastening the Velcro to the screening?

This past summer, the grasshoppers were so bad that they ate through plastic screening. So...keep that in mind wherever you park.

Gene
B-Plus 211-S w/Chevy
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

B-Plus
Explorer
Explorer
Arcy, yes the screen is put on the inside of the open door so that the door seal will hold it tight when the door is closed. Arcy try this:
Cut out a piece of screen the size of your window except leave 3 extra inches to the outside edge all the way around. Go out to your RV and hold it up to the window (after you open the door! ) and you should be able to visualize from there on how to attach it with the Velcro as I previously described. If this doesnโ€™t help you let me know and I will give it another shot. All that the Velcro is doing is holding it in place until you can close the door to get a seal.
2003 6.0 Chev Trail-lite B-Plus 225
2007 6.0 Chev 170 Roadtrek ( Daily Driver )
1976 Corvette

Arcy
Explorer
Explorer
Dario:
I also have a 225 on a Chevy chassis, and I'm having trouble following exactly how you fit the screen. Is the screen fitted to the inside of the open door, or the outside? I like your idea, so please try once more, and pretend that you're talking to a dummy!

Thanks! Arcy

B-Plus
Explorer
Explorer
Just something that I would like to share. I have a B+ 225 and I really hate to run the Air โ€“Conditioning in the early or late summer months. I tried unsuccessfully to find a screening system for the front Van doors. Here is what I came up with.
Get some fiberglass screening and 2 ft roll of self stick Velcro. I used white because my Van is white. Cut 8, 1 inch pieces of Velcro for each door . Open your front doors of the van and cut the screen to the same shape as the window leaving about a 3 inch border.
On the door itself place the I inch hook side of the Velcro equally spaced to the border of the window door frame, outside of the edge where the rubber door seal hits the door. Now hold up the screen to the window and match up where you have to attach the mating side of the Velcro to the screen. I attached the Velcro onto the screen itself by overlapping the Velcro to itself on the edge and using a staple to hold it closed. Now attach the screen to the door on the door, it looks like a loose fit but when you close the Van door the rubber seal creates a seal. You can still open and close the window as much or as little as you want. They are easily removed in only a few moments and take up no space to store ( just fold ) and very cheep to replace if lost . If you need further information just let me know.
2003 6.0 Chev Trail-lite B-Plus 225
2007 6.0 Chev 170 Roadtrek ( Daily Driver )
1976 Corvette

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Br-(Bruce & Sue), I too wonder what happened to Daniel C. His last post using this profile was May 25, 2003 on or about page 39 on this thread. I did a search for other profile names using his real name and found none. Business must be good in San Antonio. Maybe his possible exhaust manifold leak soured him on RV's. I doubt that. Can you see me smiling?

WAGM, Hooray for Velcro. I too like the super stick in a roll (cost about $7.50) and then decide how much I need for a particular application. Never thought about the little rubber feet for vibration dampening.

Our unit is eerie quiet on a smooth black top road, but does get a little noisy on certain concrete highways with raised tar strips.

Gene
Trail-Lite B Plus 211-S w/Chevy
Gene

WAGM
Explorer
Explorer
Hey captnaselli, I got the velcro in 1" by 36" strips and cut sections off to make 1X1 pads, it has self-stick backing. Put one pad on each top corner of the drawers and when the drawer goes in and down that sets the velcro really good. On the doors it went on the corners opposite the hinges. You can get super stick and it holds up well in the heat. It is also good for hanging pictures and small hooks for towels etc.
See yall in the funnies, Warren
Warren and Gwen SKP 1605
1985 Transtar

THE CHUCK WAGON

on Chev G30 van, 350 w/4.10 drw 23 feet long

IF YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT, THEN I AM FAST, CHEAP, AND EASY.

captnaselli
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings from
Captain Joseph L. Naselli USCG
Can you be a little more specific about how you applied the Velcro strips to the opening drawers? Thank You

Captain Joseph L. Naselli USCG

US Coast Guard 500 Ton Licensed Ocean Going Operator
captnaselli@pocketmail.com[/email]

2002 Trail-Lite Class B Model 211
8.1 Chevy Vortex 340 hp

WAGM
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Guys, I fixed the table rattle by putting a rubber foot on each side of the table between the table top and the wall. These feet go on the bottom of things like air compressors, battery chargers etc, got them at Home Depot. I also put velcro pads on all the drawers and doors, that MH is soooooo quiet now that we can whisper going down the road.:)
See yall in the funnies, Warren
Warren and Gwen SKP 1605
1985 Transtar

THE CHUCK WAGON

on Chev G30 van, 350 w/4.10 drw 23 feet long

IF YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT, THEN I AM FAST, CHEAP, AND EASY.

Br-
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering if anyone hears from or knows what happened to Dan C. Seems like it's been quite a while since he posted.
Bruce & Sue
2007 pleasure-way excel-ts
Previously owned:'02 Trail-lite B+

Luap
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry...I keep double clicking.
Paul & Gail
2004 TL213 6.0 Chevy

Luap
Explorer
Explorer
Gene,

I'm smiling also.....This is our first RV, and we can't wait for the spring. I guess that's why we have RV's, to see what there is out there, regardless where we are from.........

Paul
Paul & Gail
2004 TL213 6.0 Chevy

wragans
Explorer
Explorer
After stoping at Wal-Mart for several years I have started taking advantage of State and City camp areas. I wish some one had a book of all the small places to stay that are not comerical. The internet is good but not great. I have found some great state parks in Utah, Nebraska and Iowa.

Shame on all of you that put your units away for the winter. Plan on using mine to go to Omaha for a suprise party for my sister this week end. Snow who cares.

Willie
Willie

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
luap,

Yah, but you have scenery in your hills. Been there, seen them. Out here, where it is flat, we have to drive to see something. However, being in the middle of the USA we are not that far from anywhere. I like it!

When you are surrounded by beauty, where do you drive for a vacation? The Wal-Mart parking lot does not seem too exciting.

The one thing wrong with this forum, you cannot see if the writer is smiling or scowling. I'm smiling.

Gene
2002 B Plus 211-S w/Chevy
Gene

Luap
Explorer
Explorer
Gene,

Your right about there being hills out here. About the only flat places we have is at Wal-Mart, in the parking lot. And that's not our idea of camping.

Paul & Gail
2004 Trail-Lite 213
Paul & Gail
2004 TL213 6.0 Chevy

Plusit
Explorer
Explorer
That was me with the spare, Tony and good for you that you're still going outโ€”we put ours to bed for the Winter.