Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey Thanks!

I especially like your replacement shower head with kitchen sprayer.

Here is a mod I made that I think most people here would appreciate.

Main Entry Door LIMITER - NEVER again have the wind rip the door out of your hands and swing around, smashing into the side of your RV or awning support.

I wish I had time to post pictures. If you want pictures, just email me. If you can post pictures for me, I can email them to you.

- installation is simple
- a few dollars in materials
- simply engauges or disengauges in a moment
- self stores
- never in your way
- hardly noticable

It's a very strong rope with a hoop on each end that is attached up high to the door jamb and also the door using special hardware.

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
uh, Dario, shouldn't the screen door lock match the door like the handle???
🙂
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

:W

markopolo
Explorer
Explorer
More mods from Dario!

30 Watt thin-lite florescent fixture over his dinette table:

Removed the shower head and replaced it with a normal sink sprayhead, now it will not drip while you soap up. For some reason the shower heads always let water out to maintain the hot/cold mix while taking a shower. I have found that this is not needed for an RV shower ,plus it saved on water, a plus if you are not hooked up to water.

A handle on the screen door to be able to close it without breaking the plastic slide tray when used to normally close it.

A screen door lock, we like to have the screen door open for more air but the idea of it being un-locked made my wife nervous so I installed a lock

deer whistles

I like a lot of Darios's ideas. I used a kitchen sprayer as a shower head in my Roadtrek and it worked well. Saves a lot of water when dry camping!
1997 Custom Van - GMC 6.5l Turbo diesel
My Profile
My Website

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Uh , not to be picky gang, but I don't see any Rustoleum or POR-15 on those new brackets....
Regarding ADCO, I have their windshield cover and it is great. I am very impressed by the quality of that product.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

markopolo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Dario (B-Plus) I got the photos. My jacks are manual, not electric like yours. I like your idea of using angle iron. That will give me more options where to put them.

As discussed, I'm posting some of your photos. Thanks again for sending them.

Dario's Photos

Dario's rigs. RV's on plywood because of new 65x40 driveway

Scissor Jack:
Looking at it from the pass side , seeing end of motor.

Looking from the driver side.
Notice the thickness of the angle iron? I had to increase it from 3/8 to 1/2 inch.
Notice how the top of the jack extends over the angle iron, I had a 6x8 plate welded in the middle of the angle iron to capture the whole top of the jack so I could bolt to it.

See the plate that I was talking about that I had welded on?

Top of jack attached to the welded plate

Looking from under the jack

Mark ,here is my 1st attempt with the manual jack, the plate was not thick enough it started to bow under stress.

If you look under the frame rails you will see holes already in the frame, I did not have to drill the frame,I just lined up the angle iron and drill hole to correspond to the ones in the frame.
I bought a toggle switch to raise and lower the jack, as I stated it lifts the RV right off of the ground with no strain at all. Just make sure you center the jack on the angle iron. The jack has a pretty good size footprint, and its solid as a rock when lifted. I just use it to level and I have never had to lift it all the way off the ground Rving, but it's nice to know that I could If I needed to change a tire in an emergency.
I found that the manual jackset-up that I tried 1st works, but boy did it give me a good work-out.
Good luck, if you need anymore info just let me know.

I will send you a picture of a Volt meter that Installed to monitor both the chassis and coach battery with a toggle switch.

Here is a pic of the shower door I installed in place of a curtain.

My Profile
My Website

CharlesOK
Explorer
Explorer
This is not an attempt to sell my personal motorhome, since I just about finished setting up my new one. I would just like everyone who is interested to know that my previous Trail-lite 251 is still sitting at Floyd's RV Goldsboro, OK. They have not posted it on their website, but I was just there last Friday and it is still available. I can personally speak for that one being a real nice unit, All fiberglass, twin house batteries on a slide-out tray, Mor-ryde rear suspension, twin sofa's, made down bed in the rear, 8 cube fridge, 15K Dometic ducted AC, Chevy chassis and just about 13K miles, still under Chevy Warranty. Goldsboro is just South of OKC on I35 South, 200 miles or so North of Dallas. It was built by Monaco for me Dec 2005 on a 2006 chassis. In it's first year, it saw the Golden Gate, Hwy 101, Grand Canyon, Macinaw Bridge and Tampa Florida, giving excellent service with virtually no problems. I just hate to see it sit unused, it served me well. Wednesday were of to Oregon in the new Holiday Rambler Admiral. See anyone in Redmond that might be there at the FMCA Rallye.

B-Plus
Explorer
Explorer
Hello markopolo ,
Yes I installed an electric scissor jack to the front on my RV. A little pricey ( around $750.00 ) but it's capable of lifting 5,000 lbs. It actually lifes the front end off of the ground. On my unit ,as I think with others the front is always lower. I think the back has heavy duty spring to be able to carry the load. I found that it's nice to be able to raise the from end to get level. I first installed a manual 5,000 lbs scissor jack but it was a real work-out.
I installed a 1/2 x 36 inch piece of angle iron from one front fork to the other and bolted it in place, than I installed the jack in the middle on the angle iron, works great. I can lift the front end sitting in the drivers seat and looking at the level on my dash.
I think I have your private e-mail address because I remember talking to you about you RT. I can send your pictures to that e-mail address.
Dario
2003 6.0 Chev Trail-lite B-Plus 225
2007 6.0 Chev 170 Roadtrek ( Daily Driver )
1976 Corvette

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
markopolo - I too bought an ADCO Tyvek cover for my previous Class A. Sold it with the Class A. It was a great cover but scary to take off. Had to climb on the roof of the Class A without benefit of the roof ladder. Also got to walk around on the cover on the roof without knowing what exactly I was stepping on. Then had to lean over to pull up the sides to uncover the unit. Glad I have a storage building for my current unit.

cheeze1 - Dario goes by the forum name of B-Plus. Could do a search for that "message author" and then private message him.

4SEASON - Good luck on your request for a B+ or Super C forum. You may have better luck to request creation of a Topic-Category under the Class C forum. Look to the Toy Haulers forum and you will see 6 Topic-Categories. Or...look to the RV Pet Stop and you will see 5 Topic-Categories. Actually, I almost prefer the current setup. The B+ topic has been known to sit idle for weeks before someone has something to request or contribute. The same may be true for the Super C's. The traditional Class C, the marketing terms of B+ and Super C all do have much in common. It becomes the original posters obligation to start a new thread with detail in the topic description to attract the desired responders. Is that clear as mud?
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

shelby2005
Explorer
Explorer
Regarding tv cabinet modification.. We removed the big tv, purchased a 19" flat screen LCD. The bullnose had insulation and some wires, although pretty neatly done. .it had part sides and finished bottom shelf. Purchased from local building supply a half sheet of pine panelling and one extra roll of insulation,husband cut panelling to fit.. I installed with a few screws and glue, resulting in quite a lot of storage for bedding and towels plus the tv. Installed small pine shutters as doors..( sprayed with clear varnish before installing) looks quite nice.. Now if only could find a way to swivel the passenger seat , I would be extremely happy. One more thing, I sprayed foam insulation to every hole and crack under the motorhome including along the floor and the sides where a space was big enough for mice to get in. If this does not keep them out.. I give up.

Any motorhome manufactures out there insterested in hiring a woman to do quality control on these coaches.. I have many ideas on how to make these units more workable. I certainly would expect better workmanship resulting in less problems. Just kidding about a job, but not kidding about expectations on quality of work.

A retired senior woman from Canada

cheeze1
Explorer
Explorer
Marko, I believe Dario did it to his 225. My DW gave me a new computer for my 60th birthday and I have not migrated everything over from the old one. Hopefully Dario will see this reference and jump in here.
Chas Morristown, NJ
Trail Lite

4SEASON
Explorer
Explorer
dear MODS

We need two new categories added to the forums...

B+ and Super C

THANK YOU

markopolo
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone here welded on or bolted on scissor jacks on a Trail-lite 213 B+?

If so, where did you put them?
My Profile
My Website

markopolo
Explorer
Explorer
Just an FYI re: RV Covers

I bought an ADCO Class C Universal-Fit Tyvek®/Polypropylene Cover 23' 1" to 26' for my Trail-lite 213 B+.

It is way too big 😞 The excess was laying on the ground in the rear.

I should have got the 20' 1" - 23' cover even though my unit measures 23' 4".
My Profile
My Website

happyjack2
Explorer
Explorer
I have all the RPO codes ( build codes for GM ) and the T/L has "computer selected suspension" listed for the suspension codes. It doesn't break it down to components. I don't know if the ride is the result of the dual rear wheels, weight, springs or shocks or a combo of other factors but it is a pleasure to drive. I have read some C posts talk about semi bow waves and other problems but the T/L is steady in heavy truck traffic. When I make the same trips to see the kids / grandkids in our Kia or Blazer I'm a human pretzel when we get there, even with breaks every few hours.
Bill & Maggie
LT USNR Ret.
2003 Trail Lite 211 B+
Chevy 6.0L

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
o/c strider

Welcome fellow Phoenix Cruiser owner!

To happyjack2.

I have to comment on your 450 mile days. Since our kids were just babies, our family vacations of 2 or 3 weeks were time limited. As we live near Chicago, and our destinations were always over 1000-2500 miles away, my wife and I have always done round-the-clock driving. It's also great to be driving with some good music on with a hot cup of coffee with the kids asleep. Yes it's hard, and getting harder as we are approaching 50.

As our Phoenix Cruiser is so much more comfortable and easier to drive than our little Toyota/Mirage motor home of 23 years, we hope we can still drive round-the-clock for a while. Our kids are all grown up now and don't come along, but we are still limited to 2-3 week trips, compliments of my trusty employer of 28 years. If the sky doesn't fall in the next 10 years, we hope to be taking much longer trips in my retirement. Then we can slow down and enjoy a consistent night's rest.