Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy the sunshine.
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

Reno3
Explorer
Explorer
Just a hello and Merry Christmas to all. Haven't visited this forum in some time. Just to let all know we still have our 2003 Trail Lite B+ 211 S (on a 2002 chasis) 5.7 chevy. At our age it will probably be our last motor home. Very happy with it. When needed we tow our Saturn Vue behind it. Will be headed for Floida right after Christmas. We have a 30" TT stored down there that is our winter home.
Dick & Judy
Dick & Judy
'05 Montana Mountaneer TT 35'
'03 Trail Lite 211 S
'05 Saturn Vue Toad
1 Bassett Hound - Beauregard

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Good Travels!

Artum is an electrical whiz. I think he had a TL 251, but am sure it was a B+.

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Artum Snowbird wrote:
Gone back to a truck camper...have fun.
I'm sorry, but were you a B+ owner? Now gone back to a TC.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Gone back to a truck camper...have fun.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

happyjack2
Explorer
Explorer
Wasn't us. Happy Jack is asleep in the back yard.
Bill & Maggie
LT USNR Ret.
2003 Trail Lite 211 B+
Chevy 6.0L

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had a chance to make a quick trip this past week-end. On our return on Sunday Nov 7th, we met a twin Trail Lite Model 211 going the opposite direction. This was on Interstate 76 between Julesburg, CO and Sterling, CO. It was around 12:30 PM. Anyone on this thread or forum? Didn't really have time to do much of a wave or able to flash the headlights. When you are approaching each other at around 150 mph, a few seconds is all you get.
Gene

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lenc - Your model is a little more rare in this topic or thread. I only have 2 other owners in addition to yours. Forum name "ajej2" and "F250GulfportFlorida" are the two. Doing a search for the first forum name does not locate the owner. My records indicates that Joanne made a posting on 06/29/07. The second forum name yields this posting in the B+ Motorhomes topic. Apparently the 252 DS (double slide) has a motorized slide. Luckily, our 211 has a manual crank out slide. It just uses a long threaded rod - much like a simple scissor jack. ๐Ÿ™‚
Gene

Lenc
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2007 252 DS. Does anyone have information about the slideouts. Just wondering what to do if for some reason the slidouts fail.

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
dancefan wrote:
To Gene in NE: Re: I don't recall you mentioning whether you have a Ford or Chevy chassis.....
Forgot to mention it, but actually it's a Chevy 5.7 - same as yours!
Meanwhile we've been on another trip of just a few days and we haven't had any trouble at all starting.
It's nice to know there's someone here with exactly the same Trail Lite B+ (even the year!), except we don't have a slide. We find the interior space quite comfortable though for the two of us (plus cat sometimes).
Regards, thanks again,
Willy & Tom in beautiful NW WA
I have been keeping a MS Excel spreadsheet of all the different members that have identified themselves as owners of a Trail-Lite. I have documented that there are 16 that have model 211's (2 have 2001, 7 have 2002, 6 have 2003, and 1 has a 2005). Three are on Ford Chassis (2-5.4 and 1-V10) and the rest on Chevy (7-5.7, 4-6.0, and 2-8.1). Interesting cross section. Glad you are not having problems starting. Less us know what happens.
Gene

happyjack2
Explorer
Explorer
dancefan,
your problem sounds electronic, especially with the security light. When my chevy blazer had problems starting ( turned out to be the fuel pump ) one of the scenarios was the security system not allowing it to start. Try searching chevy express 5.7 intermittent starting and you'll probably get some hits.
Bill & Maggie
LT USNR Ret.
2003 Trail Lite 211 B+
Chevy 6.0L

dancefan
Explorer
Explorer
To Gene in NE: Re: I don't recall you mentioning whether you have a Ford or Chevy chassis.....
Forgot to mention it, but actually it's a Chevy 5.7 - same as yours!
Meanwhile we've been on another trip of just a few days and we haven't had any trouble at all starting.
It's nice to know there's someone here with exactly the same Trail Lite B+ (even the year!), except we don't have a slide. We find the interior space quite comfortable though for the two of us (plus cat sometimes).
Regards, thanks again,
Willy & Tom in beautiful NW WA

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
burlmart - I had a dumb moment, never thought about the emergency start switch. We had just ridden back on the motorcycle and were going to start the RV and move it to be able to load the bike and battery was dead. So, we merely jumpered from the bike.

THe battery we got was a side terminal "Dura Start" size 75 with 700 CCA.
Gene

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Gene

Why didn't you jump off the housebattery and the emergenct start toggle?

Also, does your battery have side-mounted terminals? What brand/model?

I ask because when I go to an auto parts website and input 6.0 L chevy V8 2005, some don't give any match, and one had only a $120 choice.

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
burlmart - The replacement was bought at a farm supply (Farm King) store in western Illinois. We jump started the motorhome by using the motorcycle we had in the trailer. We then drove to the next town (Monmouth, IL) where we spotted the store, they were open, very friendly, had tools I could borrow if needed, and a place in the parking lot. Paid around $60 and was on my way in less than 1/2 hour.

I suspect your battery and ours would be interchangeable.
Gene