Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B+ motorhomes

Daniel_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Trail Lite B+ 211s with 8.1 Chevy
engine. This is my fifth motorhome (others range
from an old 20' Vagabond, and three Winnegagos, from 19 to 32'. This vehicle is fantastic. I am
using it as a mobile office (and sneaking in a fun
journey from time to time). It gets about 9.5mpg
and I believe I could pull a bus behind it if I wanted! I paid low $40's which is about what I had expected to pay for a five or six year old Chinook with a nicer interior, but fewer features
(slide). I am delighted thus far.
Dan
2006 Lexington 235S; 6.8L Ford E450,
2005 30RLS Outback Sydney Edition,
2007 Jeep Compass
2009 Mini Cooper S
3,721 REPLIES 3,721

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Another recent thing we did to eliminate cabin noise while driving was detach the table from the wall pivot bracket. We added a post with sockets so the table is free standing making that annoying squeak history. Those parts were also found at Bontrager's in White Pigeon MI at the same time as the Beauty Rings. After being in the sun for a week and an oil change, MinnieMee is back at her home in climate controlled storage.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
I myself much prefer the really shiny wheel simulators, but I certainly don't miss the noise. Those things were so loud and it was embarrassing driving through a campground with them clacking and making noise. Many times people would stop us and tell us something was wrong.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
burlmart wrote:
"I found the "beauty rings" for my wheels so that's done, got them at Bontrager"s RV Surplus in White Pigeon MI."

terry, how 'bout a pic, or 2?

Sorry about the delay Burl. Also Scottiemom advised the camera lens was smudged. Fat fingers here.

B+ 213 side view.

Front Wheel

Rear Wheel
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
Our Travel Blog

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
My girlfriend's 2002 Carri-go has the Horizon awning. Here is a YouTube video explaining how to open and close. Helped us a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA7VG-Cmf00
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Burl just hooked up this am for 3 week trip in the Phaeton...213 is in storage will get you a pix on return.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
Our Travel Blog

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
"I found the "beauty rings" for my wheels so that's done, got them at Bontrager"s RV Surplus in White Pigeon MI."

terry, how 'bout a pic, or 2?
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Sending PM with the particulars Healeyman.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
Our Travel Blog

Healeyman
Explorer
Explorer
Teacher's Pet wrote:
Still haven't gotten the Miata set up for towing...tweaking needed.

Hey Terry,

What's the hold up?

Can I help?

Tim

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if we are heading out with it..use it more for day trips as a mobile kennel or overnights at in-laws again with the dogs. Still haven't gotten the Miata set up for towing...tweaking needed.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
Our Travel Blog

avan
Explorer
Explorer
Dale, are you and Terry heading out somewhere this summer with it? Terry, I used the puck antenna on my International and ran the wire through the dash a/c heat duct channel to the door frame and then out to the roof. No holes and it left very little, like less than a foot, of exposed wire with none of it inside. Don't know if something like that would work for you or not. Sounds like your 'table fix' should help.
www.putt10.net

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Teacher's Pet forgot to tell you all that he modified the table and put it on a floor mount and got it off the wall. It always rattled a lot going down the road, so now it doesn't touch and should be quieter. $15 for the post and two "pockets" at Bontragers. Can't wait to see if it makes a big difference. The window rattles too, but this should help.

Dale
Dale Pace

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Not much been going on here for a month. We've gotten the 213 out of storage and made sure it's ready to run for the summer. I found the "beauty rings" for my wheels so that's done, got them at Bontrager"s RV Surplus in White Pigeon MI. I've got another project I want to do. We have a Sirius mount that we switch the receiver from the Sport Trac to the 213, rather than another subscription for limited use. At present I'm using a "Home" antenna on the dash, which at times drops the signal due to the overhang of the front cap. I'm thinking of mounting a standard Sirius "puck" antenna on the top rear the front cap. Anyone tried to fish a wire from this position cap to the interior? Would like to know what I'm getting into before I drill that 3/8" hole in the fiberglass.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
Our Travel Blog

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Gene in NE wrote:

I did not know about your mishap with the rear tire. Those inner duals are a little harder to contend with. I carry my infrared temperature gun to get some warning about low tire pressure - increased heat due to flex. It does not sound like you had that problem, merely tire failure.

i remember you discussing that years ago. i still am looking for a good dual head air gauge w/ one being a straight shoe. many just do not seat right and you let out air fumbling w/ it. i want to have it in my hands and test fit it to a valve stem extender from my pocket.

nite before the blowout, while removing the white vinyl wheel covers, i felt some alarming tread distortions on 4 rear tires. because all 4 had similar unevenness, i didn't know what to think. i told martha to keep it well under 60mph on the 30 mi stretch of interstate, and i wrote down phone numbers for some dealers and roadside assistance. 15 mi of interstate and bam. i subsequently discovered these uniroyal laredos were made the same time as others that were recalled. every fiber of my being tells me these 225/75/r16 load range E should have been included. uniroyal lawyers will not admit it, and NHTSA dropped the ball when not including them.

the interactions w/ all the tire dealer and manufacturer people, roadside assistance workers, insurance people, and RV shop managers/workers throughout this whole affair served to reinforce my long held uneasiness of being a citizen of a lawless land right in the midst of the rest of the world. maybe it comes from too much reading of other rv.netter's tales so similar to mine. but nothing about RVs seems regular.

RV (especially MH) ownership and travel puts one in this lawless land, or perhaps it is just the land of truckers, whose rules of business and practice are very foreign to the general public. it's like most people feel that regulation of car designs and competition among dealers for service makes the big country of auto motorists comfortable w/ their lot.

not so for us truckers/'specialty item owners.' within a few months of owning ours, i had the pleasure of learning, contrary to what the dealer said about class Cs, chevrolet dealerships would not align it. had to sit in tiny waiting area/office of a big rig alignment shop in an industrial park w/ martha and watch the in and out of mechanics reporting to and hobnobbing w/manager. 1st diagnosis: nothing seems wrong in test drive, even though steering wheel had become way off center. had them put it in work area, and 2nd report: lug nuts on both tierods were left completely loose by chevy or r-vision.

i don't foresee much changing until the number of RVers grows to a point where 1) safer vehicles and 2) better quality hardware and service can be had. better regulation and competition will result.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
burlmart wrote:
as you know, Martha drives for us since i have low vision. she does a good job, but is very carefully slow and makes many corrections when in proximity to things, even w/ our 4runner. i will watch her back it down the driveway and under its shed and get frustrated that it could be done more fluidly, but not w/ my eyes. so pretty sure our B+ is the upper size we could manage.

sounds like you have PP under control, and that it does require more diligence. how carefully cautious do you find yourself driving ths B+? how would you compare terry's handling it to yours? (i realize i am treading on thin ice with the whole 'woman driver' thing, so i apologize in advance.)

It's good to realize what one is comfortable with. Back in our "camping with kids" days, one would take the motorhome pulling the jetski and the other drove the van pulling the boat. We drove six hours to the lake we liked. Ah, yes, those were the days.

Terry does very well driving the B+. I never had a complaint about his driving the big rig either. He's a very good driver. We just always thought if there was an "event" while he was driving, I would haul him out of the driver's seat and take over. With 40,000 lbs going down the road at 60+ mph we realize it was foolish to think I could do that. So he navigates. But, his one concession is that when we get to the RV park, he takes over and parks it. I can certainly back it up, but like he says. . . . I give better hand signals to get him in. He watches me closely and I can squeeze him in places no one can get into. If I am parking, he's back there yelling and screaming, so we just don't do it that way anymore. Like I said, you learn what you are comfortable with and go with it.

I do love the freedom of the B+. When we went to Alaska, it was great to have everything we need and not have to hookup/unhook a car, etc. We kept MinnieMee and get her out a couple times each summer.

Happy Camping!

Dale
Dale Pace

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Gene in NE wrote:
burlmart wrote:
|---deleted stuff---| (i realize i am treading on thin ice with the whole 'woman driver' thing, so i apologize in advance.)
burlmart - what are you thinking. You must have had a brain hiccup? :B

thanks for showing me text malfunction, gene. the parenthetical comment was intended to be something like

(i realize i am treading on thin ice with all this sounding like the whole 'just a woman driver' thing, so i apologize in advance, as that isn't my point.)

martha has never dented a vehicle or caused an accident. she is very careful. but as a passenger w/ other drivers, i've observed many males and females that seem to effortlessly 'feel' where the vehicle's perimeter will be in a maneuver. then again, i don't know their complete driving histories!