cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bahia Honda FL - How do you succeed to make a reservation

Kidoo
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I am going to the keys in January and got a reservation at Fiesta Key. I tried to reserve many months ago at all the state parks in the keys, no luck.

How can you reserve those camping site? Is there a special trick?
Monaco Cayman 34 2003, Cummins 300HP
Bigfoot 2008, 10.4, F350, 2006, Diesel 6.0, Black, 4x4, long box, Air lift, Rancho 9000, Rear sway bar.
13 REPLIES 13

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We spent two weeks at Bluewater Key. A little more pricey but a really nice campground...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Kidoo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info.
Bigfoot 2008, 10.4, F350, 2006, Diesel 6.0, Black, 4x4, long box, Air lift, Rancho 9000, Rear sway bar.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
If your looking at private parks, I recommend Knights Key RV on Marathon. Has spaces on the water or save some bucks and get a site a few rows back. You can still see the water. Its at one end of the Seven Mile Bridge with great views and you can walk to a hopping bar-restaurant. Marathon is the largest key so many restaurants, shopping, etc.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Kidoo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, looks like I will go somewhere else. Sunshine key is not exactly the same price, I already booked at Fiest Key and will move north after.

creeper
Explorer
Explorer
In the state parks they open up the reservations system on a certain date early in the new year, the day varies for each state park. The phone starts ringing non stop and they reserve all the sites for that coming winter within a couple of hours. The snowbirds have it down to a science. If you don't call on that day you're pretty much out of luck.

w4phj
Explorer
Explorer
Go across the street to Sunshine Key Camping Resort.

This is not the answer you were seeking, however it
gets you to Big Pine Key.
2021 Winnebago View 24J
2021 Ram pick up
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
As others have said, BH is one of the harder-to-get places, reservations wise. People are on line the moment sites become available- 11 months out -and often enlist numerous friends and family members to get on line and try to help them get a site.

Look on line often for cancellations and get the word out that you're hoping to go.

We felt so lucky because someone who knew we have been wanting to go to BH (for years!) offered us their cancellation for two weeks in November. It meant leaving for winter trip a month earlier than planned, but it was worth it!!

Sadly, it looks like we might not be going after all.

Good luck and keep an eye out for cancellations. ๐Ÿ˜‰
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
January 1 @ 12:01AM.
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
My DW and I setup two Laptops and got onto the site 12 months in advance, logged when the site opened and kept pounding away! We ended up with 2 week site during January and planned the rest of our trip around those two weeks.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
You need to go on every day and often. The cancellations show up when they are cancelled and are jumped on like the proverbial duck on a June bug.

Eleven months to the day at 8:00AM EST. Also, take what you can get and change your itinerary to match.

Read Reserve Americas cancellation policy closely; Mon thru Thursday at site 23 then Friday thru Sunday on site 27 is considered two reservations and its $17 a site to change dates or cancel.
Plus a reservation fee.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Go somewhere else, or talk to a real estate person and buy a place. then rent it out when you aren't there.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Do it 11 months out
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
The best advise I've seen here (search the Snow Birds forum) is to call weekly hoping for a cancellation.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox