cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banks Exhaust

tpwelker
Explorer
Explorer
Recently returning from the Carolinas I hit a large rubber mat on 95N around Richmond, that ripped my exhaust apart under my 2002 Damon Intruder gas Ford V10. Insurance and my shop doing the work are unable to find new exhaust for my coach so it looks like Banks will be my answer to reinstalling a new exhaust system. Anyone out there have any info on Banks? Thoughts?

TIA,
Todd
12 REPLIES 12

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are going to modify your exhaust, it is important to change out the head pipe. My 3 inch stock pipe was not round at all. Changing it to a round 4 inch really helped.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
tpwelker wrote:
Looks like I'm getting the Banks Stinger Pack. Just adding system from the "cat" back. Still will provide some performance improvement.
If you go with the banks system I would go with the complete system not just the cat back. The headers will give you the most performance improvement. If you want just to replace the damaged exhaust system I would think the shop in Ashland(if they do exhaust systems) would replace the cat back much cheaper than the banks system with parts from Summit Racing for example.

PursuitInsight
Explorer
Explorer
I had the banks system installed 3 years ago. I regret agreeing with the installer NOT to install heat wrap tape around the 10 exhaust tubes. He said the new 10 tubes will not heat my floor more than the original exhaust (2 tubes). After the banks installation, my floor was hot. I had to install the heat wrap tape after the banks installation myself.

It would have been easy to wrap the tape while the exhaust is in your hand. But once installed, under the mh, no space to work. it was very difficult and long to do.

Please have the heat wrap tape installed on the exhaut before they are put on the mh, it make a hugh difference in the interior compfort

All those tubes gets hot, it was not right to say that it would not create more heat

tpwelker
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like I'm getting the Banks Stinger Pack. Just adding system from the "cat" back. Still will provide some performance improvement.

tpwelker
Explorer
Explorer
None of the muffler shops in the Richmond area would do it, believe me my insurance adjuster tried. If they can't put the rig in their shop and up on a lift they wont do the work. RV Services in Ashland has the rig and will install the Banks System. I wanted a shop that was looking at it from an RV perspective.

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
I any real muffler shop can make one.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Put a banks system on an old Class A I had way back. Expensive but excellent quality.

eastfizz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Installed a Banks system with Trans Command in our "new to us" 1997 Rexhall (7.5 L V8 powered) in 2006 with 20,000 miles on it. Great support from the factory any time I had a question during the installation. It was a good upgrade as it was just beginning to have the typical stock exhaust manifold issues (cracked rear exhaust manifold bolt). Have put an additional 38,000 trouble free miles on it since then with no problems. Extra power here in the mountains in Colorado sure helps and my right foot stays cooler. Banks is not the cheapest option, but the quality is excellent. YMMV

Best regards,

Lowell

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Banks makes good equipment. I like the Magna-Flow 4 inch for my 7.3. It increased performance and economy and is not loud at all.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
We put it on our 99 along with the Trans Command. There was a world difference.

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Quality stuff but every install I heard was too loud for my liking.

Bruce_Brown
Banks makes nice stuff.

We installed a Banks exhaust on a MH years ago, it was very well built and a nice improvement.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910