cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Banks Power Systems

hamit
Explorer
Explorer
Banks Power Systems Has any one got one of this? how is it working?:?
4 REPLIES 4

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
In November 2005 I had the complete banks installed on our v10 powered 2000 coach at a cost of $1,795.

I was interested in a power increase, not expecting any improvement in fuel mileage. I did experience a very slight improvement in power but not as much as I had anticipated.

Later in June 2011 I added the 5Star Tune and did notice a moderate increase in power with less downshifts on mild grades. No fuel mileage increase in either case.

Had I not found a good deal on the Banks system I wouldn't have paid the full bore price to have one installed.

You most likely can get the same effect for less $$$$ by installing a set of Thorley or Gibson Headers coupled with a 3.5" exhaust/tail pipe with a high performance muffler i.e., Magnaflow; Dynamax or Flowmaster.

Best of luck & safe travels.....
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
We need a lot more information to be able to answer your question.

Gas or diesel-- Banks makes systems for both.

What engine?

What year chassis?
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

demoon
Explorer
Explorer
A lot depends on what you plan to put it on. Results can run from near no improvement in performance to some pretty solid gains. Just my opinion - if one has a newer Ford V-10, it a waste of money. I had a full system on a 01 Ford and even then I did not feel the improvement was worth the price.

Patrol_65
Explorer
Explorer
I have one and it works real good. These systems do not improve gas mileage but it does give you a little more torque and horsepower. Mine also is very quiet unless you really step on the gas or downshift to climb hills. On the road the sound in the interior is just a little louder than the road noise inside of a car. The added benefit is that you don't have to worry about cracked manifolds.
Nathan and Linda
KF4GYL
2000 Winnebago Chieftain 35U Ford Triton V10 F53 Banks Power Pack