cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Automotion shades won't go down

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
About 10 days ago, I parked and tried to put down my automotion windshield shade and it wouldn't go down. Ignition switch on or off didn't matter. My wife fooled with the switches and was finally able to get it to go down. The next day it worked fine, up and down.

Then two days later, I had the same problem. So I called Automotion and had them send me the programming manual. I followed the steps exactly and couldn't get the shade to go down. It went up, but not down. I had to manually force it down one centimeter at a time by spinning the roll with my hands.

To be sure that I was doing the programming properly, I tried programming the driver's side window and verified that I was going through the correct steps. Therefore, I called Automotion and they agreed to send me a new shade set for the front windshield. I should receive it next week.

Now, I'm having the exact same problem on the passenger side windows. The shade goes up, but not down. Programming it doesn't work either.

Anyone have any ideas?
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`
3 REPLIES 3

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks,

I'm scheduled for service starting on Monday.
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
Call automotion back. Call newmar. They will get it resolved. You may have to go to a place that can fix it but they will take care of it. At least they did with any issues I had. Hope you and family are enjoying your coach. Nice ride. Larry
Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The motor is defective. Common problem on Automotion shades that cover the windshield. I have replaced at least 6 shades on Tiffin motorhomes over the last year because of this type complaint. Originally thought it was the dash switch, but replacing the dash switch on the first one did not fix it. Only a new shade fixes the problem. Doug

PS, You can replace the motor, but Automotion(under warranty) would rather replace the complete shade. Doug