cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basement Water Leak

cbr46
Explorer
Explorer
My wife wants to stuff me inside our LH side basement and spray the outside with a garden hose to look for how water is getting in on our 2002 Fleetwood. I'm concerned she might leave me there . . . .

It seems to be coming from under a previously caulked bottom part of the border frame. I'd like to figure out how it's getting that far . . . . top of frame next to body doesn't appear to be caulked on these two basements. One of the holding screws are busted loose by previous owner, others are rusty. Could water be entering through the missing screw (hole)? It's on the side of the frame.

Cover seal is broken with a large gap at the bottom. Any water that gets there should go out, not in, as the lip would block water entry.

Some of the lip is bent . . . . not sure how or why. This moho is new to us.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Best,
- bob
3 REPLIES 3

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
purchase a bug fogger and set it off in the area you are looking at , close door and you will see where it leaks.

cbr46
Explorer
Explorer
If I spent that much to watch bubbles come out of a basement door seam she would lock me inside!

Looking for more practical tips without writing checks.

Best,
- bob

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Cost about a $100 to have a pressure test done - that takes all the guess work out of the issue and you may other leaks you haven't noticed yet.
Kevin