cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Batterry recommendation for Class A Diesel

rpgibbs
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to replace my current coach interstate lead acid batteries (4) in my 2005 American Tradition. I would like recommendations on a good to top of the line Sealed Deep cycle AGM battery (group 27). Thanks
23 REPLIES 23

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
usersmanual wrote:
harold1946 wrote:
For 12 volt batteries it would be the S12 series. You did not specify. Warranty is the same.

I would like recommendations on a good to top of the line Sealed Deep cycle AGM battery (group 27). Thanks

looks like he did?

In his second post, but not the first. Group 27s are available in both 6 and 12 volt.
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
usersmanual wrote:
harold1946 wrote:
For 12 volt batteries it would be the S12 series. You did not specify. Warranty is the same.

I would like recommendations on a good to top of the line Sealed Deep cycle AGM battery (group 27). Thanks

looks like he did?

In his second post, but not the first. Group 27s are available in both 6 and 12 volt.
Harold and Linda
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
rpgibbs wrote:
I am going to replace my current coach interstate lead acid batteries (4) in my 2005 American Tradition. I would like recommendations on a good to top of the line Sealed Deep cycle AGM battery (group 27). Thanks

You might want to give these people a call....
BATTERIES PLUS
Looks expensive, I know, but if you get yourself a store manager on the phone, you'll be surprised of the deal you might be able to make.
Also consider the 4 and 5 year full replacement warranty that may come with your choice and mine will be tortured and suffer greatly during their life of whatever that might be.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
harold1946 wrote:

looks like he did?

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lifeline AGM is an excellent battery. 4x GPL-27T for 400AH. But better IMHO 4x GPL-4CT for 440AH, check the dimensions.

Sometimes I scheme on how to install the GPL-6CT for 600AH but the height is a issue. I actually have the room for 8x GPL-4CT with slightly smaller chassis battery and may go that route someday.

The AGM charging profile is different than flooded so check out your charger capability.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
Harold and Linda
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad

rpgibbs
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the recommendation but the coach batteries in our tradition pusher are 12 volt deep cycle group 27. Thanks

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
My EastPenn/Deka AGM batteries are going on 5 years old and they are all still fine. They are made in the USA. I installed the four batteries and haven't had to touch them since.
Make sure that after you install them that you set your inverter/charger for AGM batteries. Deka batteries

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
Rolls-Surrette S6-275AGM. 5 year warranty, 2 year free replacement, three year prorated. In my book they are the finest battery made.
Harold and Linda
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad