cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery Disconnect

Oldcoots
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2005 Fleetwood Providence, the main & coach battery rocker switches are on the main panel in the coach. The problem I'm having is I cannot switch them off? The switches act like a breaker that had tripped. Is there something that needs to be done to reset or a fuse some where I can check?
4 REPLIES 4

Oldcoots
Explorer
Explorer
Posted: 01/12/15 03:07pm Link | Quote | Print | Notify Moderator
They usually toggle in two directions (connect/disconnect)and return to center. If you lose power in the rig try toggling it in the other direction. If you still can't get it to work then check the solenoid - probably an intelitec design and they have a couple of fuses on the solenoid that you should check.

Kevin

Kevin can you direct me to where the solenoid is and would this be where the fuses would be?

I look forward to hearing from you
Thanks

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
They usually toggle in two directions (connect/disconnect)and return to center. If you lose power in the rig try toggling it in the other direction. If you still can't get it to work then check the solenoid - probably an intelitec design and they have a couple of fuses on the solenoid that you should check.
Kevin

Ray_IN
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most of these switches trigger a solenoid that actually disconnect/connect the house batteries, and return to a neutral position when released. You may confirm this by turning on a light in the coach,(when NOT on shore power) push the disconnect side of the switch and watch the lights.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom pushed by a 2013 Chevy Silverado K1500 And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you โ€” ask what you can do for your country.John F. Kennedy 20Jan1961

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds like you have lost control power.
Do you have a master switch by the entrance door. It could be in the off position.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker