cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery Maintenace on A 2007 Gulistream Cruiser

leeper
Explorer
Explorer
Must be battery question day with these posts. I have 2 batteries for starting and 2 for the house in 2 compartments. The stating batteries have 7 in. above while the house batteries have 6 in.. Lots of side room. I can not get a filler bottle in there and don't want to have the water lines. I now use a baster to add water, which is hit a miss on how much water is in there. Found a 1L bottle half the size of the others. It is in England if I want to order it. How do you guys fill your batteries with water and get it right?
4 REPLIES 4

Vulcan_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
Any kind of a plastic squeeze bottle (ketchup, etc.) WITH about 12 inches of clear plastic tubing added to the nozzle.

Longer or shorter tubing for your situation. Tubing available at any hardware store. Take bottle along to get right size that will fit tight.

The bottles that they ship acid in for new batteries works perfectly and often has the tubing included.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
My batteries are in the open, so I don't need a mirror, but I use an ear syringe to fill them. Holds about 2 ounces.

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

ronfisherman
I use a mirror to check battery level. If battery needs water I use the mirror and a Battery Filler Rubber Bulb. The tube end is smaller than a baster and is flexible.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
I use a 3 oz Dixie cup and a mechanics mirror. It has a flexible head and telescoping stem. Use a flashlight and the mirror to see in there then add water slowly and keep checking so as to not go above the split ring.