cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

battery

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
cant get my house battery disconnect to work installed a new switch and was very careful to wire it correct.
can anyone help?
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member
8 REPLIES 8

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
fixed my battery disconnect to day.. took out the electronic one and put in a manual one.
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
there is no electric to the switch. Can't find a fuse or don't know where to look..the solenoid has juice on both side of it with no shore power or genie. or motor battery connected so iam not gona worry too much about it right now just disconnect the battery when I store it. all ideas are welcome
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member

Kamphiker
Explorer
Explorer
thank all of you for your reply.I guess I will have to do more testing don't know how to tell if the relay is bad?

Youtube How to test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTjx3VIXOu0

You will need to copy & paste
2006 Winnebago Outlook WF324V
2009 Honda CR-V 2wd TOAD ......Campgrounds in the Smoky Mountains NP
Last Camping trip ->2011 SUMMER SMOKY MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK

Kamphiker
Explorer
Explorer
When my Solenoid / contactor gave out, I replaced it with a much better one (the Bear). http://www.murcal.com/trombetta/trombetta_contactor_bear.html

Make sure the replacement will fit in same location as this is larger than the most typical ones.

The one on yours more than likely looks like the old ones Ford use to use back in the 1960's.
2006 Winnebago Outlook WF324V
2009 Honda CR-V 2wd TOAD ......Campgrounds in the Smoky Mountains NP
Last Camping trip ->2011 SUMMER SMOKY MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
thank all of you for your reply.I guess I will have to do more testing don't know how to tell if the relay is bad?
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
I donโ€™t have a relay. A wire runs from the battery to a switch at the door and back to the convertor compartment connecting to the fuses that supply power to the house, except the refrigerator whose power doesnโ€™t go through the disconnect switch at the door. It sounds simple but the wiring looks complicated. A diagram of how your setup is wired would help us to help and probably de-mystify it for you as well. Some voltages at various places would clarify various things. For instance is there 12 volts between the two connections on the switch?
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
The relay is usually called a "battery solenoid" and it is a common point of failure.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on your setup. In my rig I have a rocker switch which connects to a relay. Perhaps your relay isn't working. Also - if you have a relay like the one in the link make sure the fuses are OK.
Kevin