cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

batwing replacement

lemjim
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone switchout there bat wing antanna with the King HDTV replacment head ? if so how did it come out.

Thanks, Jim
31 REPLIES 31

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are talking about the JACK antenna, I changed out mine to it and got very good results.
I put one on my RV for 2 reasons, the bat wing was only marginal and the addition of the Wing Man was not an option because of it's size, it would not clear my A/C on the roof. Where the Jack would.

I have had great luck with it and compared it with others in our camping group that had the BatMan, when out together and got as good or better reception as they did.

I found a new one that is not much bigger and fits in the same space.

It is The Rayzar
][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TgLwTbbl.jpg" height=220>

In a non scientific test I was able to get 20 more channels from it when doing a scan on my TV. One nice thing about it is, its Bi-Directional and gets larger field of coverage than the Jack.
On a recent outing I found that it outperformed the Jack at the same place that I had camped at before.

After I bought it and used it a while, I found a discussion Here on the NET about it.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I replaced my batwing with the King Jack antenna. It was a direct replacement and has provided us with many more channels over the air than the old batwing. That was three years ago and it is still working fine.