cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bedroom shelves project

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
More projects complete, and lots in the plans.

Shelves in the bedroom for glasses/cell/clock/water bottle, etc:

Bottom view:
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L
7 REPLIES 7

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sorry, j-d! No need to be embarrassed. We all have our talents.

During my childhood/adolescent life, my Dad often wondered if I'd amount to much. My woodworking (& life skills) were sorely lacking. Dad was a decent woodworker and a good businessman; he taught us kids a lot but we never realized it then. Over the years, my woodworking ( & life skills too) have improved.

I appreciate the compliments!
--Bruce.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Previous owner added similar corner shelves in ours. Crooked and not as well finished as yours. Surprise! Again I'm embarrassed. You and Dittmer!
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Nicely done!
I've been thinking of doing that for 12 years..

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice. I was looking to add a shelf to my cabover, but decided that to fit everything, it would be too deep and I was likely to hit my head on it during the night. I ended up attaching one of these mail holder's to the wall. It's big enough to fit my cell phone, glasses, flashlight, lotion and a glass of water - and if I forget anything in there when I'm leaving, they won't go flying.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice! Adding bedroom shelves is a project I've been contemplating.

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
I used the plywood from the drawers that I removed from under the dinette seats .

Forest River uses this plywood for the drawer casings. These drawers were about 30" deep, so they had the 10mm (just shy of 1/2") cabinet grade plywood.

There's a lot to like about the materials in the Sunseeker, but there's a lot of shoddy assembly to go along with it. I've spent a lot of time correcting and cleaning and improving things.

regis101
Explorer
Explorer
Nice. Functional. Where did you fine the cabinet grade plywood? I like the multi layers
Peace. ~RL