cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bedroom slide creeps out after setting a while.

mlbdp
Explorer
Explorer
Driver side bedroom electric slide creeps out after setting a while. What's the fix?
2006 Beaver Monterey 38
Roadmaster, 400 Cat C9
2009 Saturn Vue
GS, FMCA 305555, SKP 104572
USN RETIRED
10 REPLIES 10

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Click this link to show the standard PG motor and brake. That lever is sometime hidden by the black vinyl end cover. Doug

http://rvcomponents.visonerv.com/cgi-bin/md/M2078/s1.pl?

Disneyfix
Explorer
Explorer
10forty2 wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
With NO info(brand/ make of RV or slide system), the simple answer is the electric brake on the motor release lever is off. Doug

My slide was slightly extending even though it was "reeled" all the way in. Turns out, it was EXACTLY what Doug said here. The brake lever had gotten flipped from stuff stored and moving around in that basement compartment and it wasn't holding. Flipped it back and all was good.

Any pics of that or describe further. I have never seen a brake in my basement...maybe there haven't seen it. Thank you.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Ivylog wrote:
They are all electric... a 12V electric motor driving gears or hydraulic pump. My hydraulic BR slide did it after a day or two so I would bump the close switch once a day. This fixed itself,

Don't be a smart ***. They are either Electric or Hydraulic or Cable driven. Doug

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
They are all electric... a 12V electric motor driving gears or hydraulic pump. My hydraulic BR slide did it after a day or two so I would bump the close switch once a day. This fixed itself,
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
smlranger wrote:
If it is the HWH system with hydraulic slides, you may have a weak solenoid. A weak 'Extend' solenoid will let the slide creep out. I had a creeping out slide and just had the extend solenoid replaced. Fixed it.

He stated it was an Electric slide. Doug

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
If it is the HWH system with hydraulic slides, you may have a weak solenoid. A weak 'Extend' solenoid will let the slide creep out. I had a creeping out slide and just had the extend solenoid replaced. Fixed it.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
With NO info(brand/ make of RV or slide system), the simple answer is the electric brake on the motor release lever is off. Doug

My slide was slightly extending even though it was "reeled" all the way in. Turns out, it was EXACTLY what Doug said here. The brake lever had gotten flipped from stuff stored and moving around in that basement compartment and it wasn't holding. Flipped it back and all was good.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
We always use slide locks. You can make them out of 4 bys by cutting and fitting between the slide and the wall when the slide is in. If you want you can pad each end to prevent scratching the wall.

mlbdp wrote:
Driver side bedroom electric slide creeps out after setting a while. What's the fix?
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Slide locks.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad