Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Benefits of using site toilets in construction site

smithjosephine
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, all

Toilets and restrooms are a abasic day to day need. But While travelling for a distant trip or vacations, many at times we face such problems of not able to find a portaloo or it is not clean. Especially, when you are in construction site work .

To tackle such situation, these days, ***Link Removed*** are been used quite often.

I would liek to know that any body have faced such type of problem before. if yes can share it hear or been using portable or site toilets.
Because this is a matter of sanitary and hyginie.
15 REPLIES 15

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
I recall many years ago that there was a porta-potty when they were putting the interstate through downtown Duluth MN. It was very near the lakeshore and was used by the public and the construction workers (whether this was legal or not I don't know).

There were a couple of those big white tablets in the urinal. Someone (no doubt a construction worker who had to work with MN DOT) had written the following in marker on the wall above the urinal: "MN DOT headache pills. Take two before talking with COR (contracting officer's representative)".

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
I would not stop and use a porta potty at a construction site even if I was traveling in my car!
Why would I do it when I was traveling with my own spotlessly clean toilet?
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hard to believe how some posts survive.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

omjones
Explorer
Explorer
When I'm in my 'B' I always sleep in my own bed and I always sit on my own toilet seat...
john 'I am Canadian'

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I thought that was one reason for having an rv. To be able Use your own toilet.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
eHoefler wrote:
Also, if you use it without permission from the person leasing it, you are stealing. Believe it or not, it is an arrestable offense in most areas.
Exactly!

The other issue to remember is that entering a construction site for any reason other than legitimate business ones, generally means you are trespassing.
This too!

They are not there for use by the general public.
I could just see it now. Someone like the OP tripping over a peace of construction debris or equipment and then suing the property owner and contractor. :R

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
soren wrote:
Hard not to assume that there is some trolling going on. But, if you're serious, I'll answer. I have owned two construction companies, and rented countless porta-potties, for long term placement on construction sites.

Here is how they are cleaned, and how "sanitary" they are. The are typically cleaned weekly....

I don't think I'd want to work in your state,

How often they are cleaned is regulated by each state. Washington regulates it by the number of worker-hours. If I recall right for once a week it would 8 people working a standard week.

For one festival I help with we have then cleaned daily, for another twice a day.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
This is why we really like having our own on board as we travel. If we get stopped in a traffic situation, having a bathroom and a kitchen available is nice!
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi Jinnie.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
We were in Park County, Indiana for the Covered Bridge Festival. I think we were in Mansfield. They had a row of port-a-potties set up and were in the process of cleaning them. They had a truck with a hose on it, similar to a fire truck hose, but not quite as big. They propped the door open and then started firing at will inside the John. After they completely rinsed the whole thing out, they dropped a suction hose down the hole and pumped it out. They added chemicals, and finally sprayed the inside with a spray bottle, evidently some kind of human insecticide! They just went down the line in assembly line fashion. I will say, they were clean and they kept them that way. I was quite impressed!

Of course you could always just buy one of these for yourself! Click here.

I would think it would make more sense to pump it out first, then wash it out.
bumpy

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We were in Park County, Indiana for the Covered Bridge Festival. I think we were in Mansfield. They had a row of port-a-potties set up and were in the process of cleaning them. They had a truck with a hose on it, similar to a fire truck hose, but not quite as big. They propped the door open and then started firing at will inside the John. After they completely rinsed the whole thing out, they dropped a suction hose down the hole and pumped it out. They added chemicals, and finally sprayed the inside with a spray bottle, evidently some kind of human insecticide! They just went down the line in assembly line fashion. I will say, they were clean and they kept them that way. I was quite impressed!

Of course you could always just buy one of these for yourself! Click here.

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also, if you use it without permission from the person leasing it, you are stealing. Believe it or not, it is an arrestable offense in most areas.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
My vote is for troll/spammer. ๐Ÿ™‚

soren
Explorer
Explorer
Hard not to assume that there is some trolling going on. But, if you're serious, I'll answer. I have owned two construction companies, and rented countless porta-potties, for long term placement on construction sites.

Here is how they are cleaned, and how "sanitary" they are. The are typically cleaned weekly, so if you are lucky enough to swing that door open one hot summer day, the day before cleaning, you might have the urge to puke. When the cleaning truck shows up, the whole process takes less than two minutes. The truck stays running. The cleaner grabs a big hose from a truck mounted vacuum and sucks the contents out, right through the seat opening. While this is happening, a five gallon bucket, with a bit of blue odor control solution added, is being filled with clean water. The blue water is then dumped down the hole. If the interior is really gross, the cleaner occasionally takes another bucket of clean water and tosses it around, while standing a few feet away, to avoid splash back. If that's your definition of sanitary, go for it. Me, I avoided then whenever possible. The other issue to remember is that entering a construction site for any reason other than legitimate business ones, generally means you are trespassing.