cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better skylight lids for class c

Dairyman_John
Explorer
Explorer
My Thor 22E has flimsy sky light/ vent covers. Last week on a 4200 mile trip we experienced a lot of crosswinds. That cased a lot of lifting and noise in the skylight/ vent covers. They were screwed down tight and I didn’t want to break them. Are there any covers available to replace these that are perhaps better quality? Thank you, John
16 REPLIES 16

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
^^^What He Said^^^ on both points. You need to replace the failed "Lid" and use the upgraded polycarbonate ones as linked there in Amazon. Just please be sure to click on the "CAMCO Match Your Hinge" image on the Amazon page and order the correct one. You probably don't know the Brand of your Vent Assembly, but the correct Lid can be ID'd by the detail images of the Hinge Area.

I believe MaxxAir is the best of the Covers. These keep rain out so you can open the Lids in the rain, store the coach with ventilation, etc. There are other decent brands too, and CAMCO is one. For that, I suggest you choose Covers with some form of Easy Access feature. Last time I shopped, that was standard on some MaxxAir Covers but not on the basic ones. By Easy Access I mean you can swing the Cover clear of the Vent to clean, repair, etc. No big deal, but worth doing.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Putting vent covers like the MaxxAir on each vent will eliminate the problem,as a bonus you can leave them open in any weather and when driving.

For a Tougher and longer lasting vent lid replace them with the Polycarbonate type Like These

I forgot to add when replacing the the vent lids to also replace the the Vent seal this will also help in sealing the vent lid to the vent edge and make a better seal and do away with any leaking when closed.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C