cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Time RV on the Travel Channel - Chateau class C featured

KristinU
Explorer
Explorer
So, we've caught a couple episodes of this show, which is basically a big long commercial for Lazy Days (which we've always felt has a good reputation) but it is still fun and entertaining.

However, the episode we watched yesterday evening had us cringing - one of the parties that was looking for an RV was a women's roller derby team. They ended up with a Chateau 31A (I believe from looking at the floorplan) after comparing with a super C. While we were happy to see them featuring class C's, the thought of 16 people in it had us concerned for safety. Wouldn't that amount of people alone push it over the CCC? Not to mention all their gear, etc. I have no idea what the CCC is on the 31A, but with the side bunk slide I would think it wouldnt' be an awful lot. There certainly aren't seatbelted seating spots for that many people. Perhaps they caravan to their away events, but the impression I got was that they were all going to travel in it.

Anyone else check this out and have a similar thought?
Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C
My camping party: me, DH, DS, and 2 DK9s
Our Blog: www.winnieadventures.blogspot.com
5 REPLIES 5

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Show is a fraud, those people buy nothing. Point: on tonights show a young couple buy an Allegro gasser. I checked their Facebook page and no mention of buying a motorhome. There are pics of a new pontoon boat in 2014 but no Allegro anywhere. I call fraud on Lazy Days.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

KristinU
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, I get that it is "reality" TV, but what I don't get is why the dealer and manufacturer would want to portray such a poor use and safety hazard.

And of course everyone has these enormous budgets!

Like I said, still fun to watch. It is like going to an RV show without having to go there and get hassled.
Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C
My camping party: me, DH, DS, and 2 DK9s
Our Blog: www.winnieadventures.blogspot.com

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
robsouth wrote:
Those shows are "marlarkey", so don't believe much you see on them. Nothing real about them.

X2, but a lot of people do. JMO
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
robsouth wrote:
Those shows are "marlarkey", so don't believe much you see on them. Nothing real about them.

I thought TV was like the internet, you couldn't put it on unless it was the truth? :B

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."