cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Body roll on a new 2016Winnebago

Jim2016E
Explorer
Explorer
Well, after reading my 1st post, left out some details.
New 2016 Winnebago 35F, gas. Experience excessive body roll when cornering. Anyone out there that has modified the suspension to drastically improve this roll. Looking for advice.

Jim
11 REPLIES 11

roam1
Explorer
Explorer
04fxsts wrote:
Just decided to do the CHF front and rear starting with the rear because I plan to have extender plates made for the front. The rear does not change the included angle between the connecting link and the sway bar, at least not much. The front will change this angle a lot unless you extend the links in some way. Either cut the links and weld in an extension or use plates to do the same thing. You will learn all about this by reading the link posted by RDG above. The extender plates start getting discussed on page 270.
When I got under the MH yesterday to do the rear I found the clamp that holds the SB to the rear axle was broken and hanging. Have appointment tomorrow to have it repaired under warranty. Looks like it has been broken for a while, I will have to get under there more often. It is a Thor ACE 2015 on a Ford F-53 with 10,000 miles. Jim.

or you could just buy extended links for the front

04fxsts
Explorer
Explorer
Just decided to do the CHF front and rear starting with the rear because I plan to have extender plates made for the front. The rear does not change the included angle between the connecting link and the sway bar, at least not much. The front will change this angle a lot unless you extend the links in some way. Either cut the links and weld in an extension or use plates to do the same thing. You will learn all about this by reading the link posted by RDG above. The extender plates start getting discussed on page 270.
When I got under the MH yesterday to do the rear I found the clamp that holds the SB to the rear axle was broken and hanging. Have appointment tomorrow to have it repaired under warranty. Looks like it has been broken for a while, I will have to get under there more often. It is a Thor ACE 2015 on a Ford F-53 with 10,000 miles. Jim.

cjd10
Explorer
Explorer
Effy wrote:
Search the forum for CHF or cheap handling fix. Easy DIY in the driveway to tighten the sway bars front and rear on the f53 chassis. Easy, free and remarkable difference in handling.

X2 Big difference in my MH
Clyde and Elaine
2014 Georgetown 351DS by Forest River
2 Boston Terriers 1 French Bulldog
Rest in Peace Toby

smacdiesel
Explorer
Explorer
I did the full array of mods, shocks, big front and rear sway bars, sumo springs, trac bars, safety steering, had the steering box tightened. Drives wonderful compared to before, also added a banks power system as well, it's a hot rod gasser. Love my rig!
2015 Winnebago Vista 35B
1983 Jeep CJ 8 Scrambler

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We did both front and rear on our F53

phnguyk
Explorer
Explorer
CHF and rear track bar, night and day on F53's

RDG
Explorer
Explorer
Cheap handling Fix

276 pages to read. I extended the front sway bar links on our MH.
2001 Forest River Georgetown 346S Motorhome

roam1
Explorer
Explorer
rear track bar, stiffer sway bars front and rear, maybe koni fsd shocks, cheap hanlding fix.......then join an autocross club and hit some cones!

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
Slow down less roll.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Search the forum for CHF or cheap handling fix. Easy DIY in the driveway to tighten the sway bars front and rear on the f53 chassis. Easy, free and remarkable difference in handling.
2013 ACE 29.2

Moved from Forum Technical Support