cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOUNDER REFRIGERATOR

mhsteve
Explorer
Explorer
1997 bounder . refrigerator doesnt maintain cool . it was checked @ 28* , but after about 200 miles it would only hold about 40* . was there 2 days & it never got cold again . stayed at 40* . any ideas appreciated .......... steve
21 REPLIES 21

mhsteve
Explorer
Explorer
new problem . no power anywhere for fridg . checked alot of fuses but no luck yet . any help greatly appreciated ...... thanks .. steve

mhsteve
Explorer
Explorer
i have a censor tied to one of the pipes . its wired but no power seems to be there . aftermarket i believe . i dont know if that maybe my problem ...... steve

mhsteve
Explorer
Explorer
how do i put up pix ? ......... steve

mhsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit ... not that i dont want to ... just dont know .

DOMETIC 7130 .... im doing best i can . ill try the items suggested & be back ..... thanks all ........... steve

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
After you've cleaned the burner area and it's still not to your liking here's a couple of things you can do to cool it down a little more. Put a fan or two (computer fans work) in there blowing air over the coils. It will dissipate the heat build-up faster. I am using two squirrel cage computer fans in mine.

Another thing that I have found is if the coils are too far from the back wall, the venturi effect is less efficient. If you will add a baffle or two onto the back wall, it will cause the airflow to go through the coils and not just up between the coils and the back (side) wall of your coach. That is one of the biggest mistakes I think the installers make when putting a fridge in the coach. Mine had a gap of about 4 inches in there and it should be about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch from the coils. I built a baffle and fixed it. It can make a big difference.

The model or brand wouldn't make any difference on my suggestions.
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
You seem to not want to answer simple questions......bye!
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

mhsteve
Explorer
Explorer
temp is from inside .

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
mhsteve wrote:
i looked at it just now . it is a 'dometic' fridge . i use gas only . at one time it showed 28*in the food section , but then maintained 40* . i prefer colder .
im learning as you talk . i appreciate ALL ideas . i did not know that the freezer / refgir were seperate circuits . i can check more tomorrow .......... thanks again ......... steve

OK Dometic.......
But which Model (Dometic has a bunch :B)

The 28*F------40*F in food section OK
How/where are you taking those temp readings? Wall, fins, glass water etc.

More info....

mhsteve
Explorer
Explorer
i looked at it just now . it is a 'dometic' fridge . i use gas only . at one time it showed 28*in the food section , but then maintained 40* . i prefer colder .
im learning as you talk . i appreciate ALL ideas . i did not know that the freezer / refgir were seperate circuits . i can check more tomorrow .......... thanks again ......... steve

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Freezer & ice maker working great........OK

So the temps posted were from 'food section' (fridge is whole unit)

28*F then 40*F in food section??

Could be a bad thermistor (temp sensor in food section that controls overall operation of fridge)
Could be thermistor is in wrong position (brand/model helps determine where it should be)
Could be cooling unit is experiencing blockage (freezer section can be working properly but food section not due to blockage in cooling tubes between the 2 different cooling sections)

Unfortunately.......sounds more and more like cooling unit blockage given the age of fridge (1977)

Brand/Model........where the temps were taken.......how temps were taken??????

mhsteve
Explorer
Explorer
my freezer & ice maker work great . just my fridg seems to be the problem ..... steve

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just so you know, there is a small rebellion with MANY RV owners just installing regular fridges in their coaches. There are a lot of problems people have with RV fridges. The one listed in the OP is very common.

Home refrigerators run at 34F in the fridge and 0F in the freezer. It's nice having real ice cream at camp, and not soup. 🙂

We just inverter ours off 12V on the road.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

mhsteve
Explorer
Explorer
great , i can do that ez ..........

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Steve, start with the simple things first. Take the cover off the burner, get out your compressor and blow out the burner area and exhaust stack. On a 97 RV, rust falling down the exhaust stack is the most likely cause of your problem.

Richard
95 Bounder
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson