cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

brake lite switch with air brakes

j_murray
Explorer
Explorer
I need to install a brake controller in my dp but cannot find the brake lite switch. Any other tips would be helpful.
It is a 2006 Mandalay Presidio
Thanks for any help
5 REPLIES 5

I_rv
Explorer
Explorer
check your fuse panel on my tradewinds (freightliner)there is a terminal marked for trailer brake

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look at the foot valve, there usually a 2 wire switch on or near it. If not there, look for a air distribution block for the same type of switch. You will have to check it with a meter or continuity test light. If not on or near the foot valve, it could be a low air alarm switch.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
DP's don't have brake light switches like you may be use to. You'll have to track your wiring down and find a place where you can tap into it. You'll often find the wiring you need near where your Allison computer, engine computer and other electrical is centrally located.

Usually there will be something marked in this area for brakes. Put a volt meter on it and see if you get 12 volts when the brake pedal is depressed with the ignition key ON.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
They make brake controllers that are actuated with air, they are made for your application.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If the brake and turn signal lamps are the same bulb then you may be able to get to the brake light signal at the turn signal control.