cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Brands with outdoor kitchens

davesparks2001
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know of an easy way to find out which class a manufacturers have outdoor kitchens. We are shopping for a $50k class a so obviously we're looking for something with some age and miles on it. I've only seen one so far, it was a 2007 Fleetwood Excursion 39S and well beyond our budget.
9 REPLIES 9

davesparks2001
Explorer
Explorer
We currently do most of our cooking outside also. I have several camping buddies with outdoor kitchens on their travel trailers and they all love them. If we can't find a class a with one I'm sure it's not the worst thing we could give up. I just couldn't help but think, it would be nice having such easy set-up and tear-down for the outdoor cooking area versus just carrying all the stuff in the cargo area and handling it a piece at a time.

cwdavis
Explorer
Explorer
We do the great majority of our cooking outside our MH, on a LP grill and/or a 2-burner LP camp stove. One bay on the passenger side of the MH is used primarily to store everything we need to use for sitting & cooking, including a standard 40 lb LP tank. We also carry a portable stand/table top for the very rare occasion we don't have a picnic table at the campsite.
Bill & Ann Davis
1995 36' CC Intrigue
WHTAL!FE

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to look for something with a large storage bay and add a kitchen on a slide out tray. Build it the way you want.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
deandec wrote:
A built in outdoor kitchen will permanently take up some storage space.

Perhaps you should post a query to see if those that have such a feature like and use it after a year of ownership?

good point. Was looking at a newer unit with one and wondering how much they get used. I feel like I would use it now even just for the sink and fridge but who knows. Friends of our had a Hurricane with it. They liked it but the gutter was directly above the outside kitchen bin door and the AC condensation or rain would drip over the cabinets when it was open. Easy fix, but it occurs to me that you have wood cabinets etc just inside a bin door and that would sort of scare me.
2013 ACE 29.2

deandec
Explorer
Explorer
A built in outdoor kitchen will permanently take up some storage space.

Perhaps you should post a query to see if those that have such a feature like and use it after a year of ownership?
Dean
95 CC Magna, Jeep GC

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Link no work delete
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Only a few of the lower end gas MH's have them.

We don't use our MH kitchen much, rather we set up an outdoor workspace complete with a Weber Q-120 grill, Coleman two burner LP stove, electric skillet, and electric toaster. This combination takes care of 100% of our cooking needs (breakfast/linch/dinner).
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Thor has a few, hurricane and newer aces have them.
2013 ACE 29.2

RedJeep
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not aware of any, but an option might be to get a gas camp grill and connect it to your RV propane tank via a T and extension hose.
2008 Georgetown DS350 Class A
Wife, kids, dog and cat