Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug juice!

gja1000
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Guys,
My daughter, granddaughter and I took a 5000+ road trip in our new Class C this summer. We had a great time and I'm so glad I got a class C. Anyway, about the only problem I had was getting the darned bugs off the cab over area. It's really hard to get to for me, even on a ladder with a long handled brush. My late husband and I always had a fifth wheel, and when we bought our first one back in 1998, the salesman told us to put baby oil on the front of the 5th wheel and the bugs would wipe right off, and that was true. However, the fifth wheel had no decals, or decoration on the front where I put the baby oil, whereas the Class C does have decals and decorations. So before our trip I didn't put on any baby oil thinking it might not be good for the decorations. I used bug remover and the bugs came off with a lot of elbow grease, but I was wondering if anyone had an easier way.
8 REPLIES 8

Mocoondo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mix Adolf's meat tenderizer in with a gallon of water. Use a little scrubby sponge. Best "bug juice" you will ever find.

kginder
Explorer
Explorer
Hummm, I've been using S-100 on my Harley for 15 years. I never thought of trying it on bugs on the front of the RV. What an idea.

BTW, S-100 is great for cleaning the bike. It's expensive but worth it. I spray down my motorcycle, hit it with the hose, then leaf blow it dry. Takes minutes, really looks great and extremely easy.

Olddud
Explorer
Explorer
gja1000 wrote:
What is S-100?

It's a soapy spray-on that is supposed to remove grimy crappy stuff off motorcycle engines, etc. It loosens it up, but you still need a some elbow grease. I have some and will try the suggestion.

Type S-100 on amazon, and there it is.

gja1000
Explorer
Explorer
What is S-100?

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
S-100 from your local Harley Davidson dealer. let me know how it works. You will be surprised no effort. Will not hurt any surface
Dennis Hoppert

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Paste Car wax and let it dry until you return.

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use Purple Power - spray it on, use a long handled brush to loosen the left-overs, rinse, rinse, rinse. The bugs dissolve with PP.
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Damp used dryer sheets....wrap them around brush and have at it

Bug parts come off very easy
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31