cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buying 2007 Winnebago View - what to look for

sihnz821
Explorer
Explorer
Hi! I've been a previous travel trailer owner (unfortunately it was totaled in a hail storm a couple of years ago), and decided to change to a motorhome with my next purchase. My partner and I found a good deal on a 2007 Winnebago View with low mileage. According to the dealer, it was owned by an elderly couple who kept it garaged and just traded for something else. I know these stories can be b.s., but from the photos, it does appear to be in excellent condition. I don't see that they really changed or upgraded anything, as all of the standard package items are there (and look unused). We fly down to pick it up in a few days. The dealer is adding a new set of tires and will do a full inspection and fill all fluids, etc. They won't be doing anything else, *as a courtesy* based on the price that we were able to talk them down to....so I really want to make sure we check everything out before driving off. What else should we be aware of to watch for upon pick up? I have read that the generator might need new oil, and that we need to be aware of the turbo hose issue. Anything else that is a MUST?? Thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES 5

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
We've got the 2007/2008 View, used with 24K miles. Very few problems. Has the 3.0L diesel turbo 6 cyl engine.

Be glad to discuss any problems with you and help if I can.

TV video combiner inside cabinet seems to have failed so I built a workaround setup. Had one house battery fail at Yosemite at 32 deg F, and the chassis battery failed a few months ago.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

sihnz821
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tips! Not liking the format of the Yahoo group conversations...prefer this format so much more. But appreciate the knowledge that is found there (and here). Glad to hear that it looks like this is the better engine. 🙂

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
If it's a 2006 chassis, it's a 5cyl inline engine which is the best Sprinter engine out there. It can be a 2007 motorhome on a 2006 chassis. Not unusual.
The 5cyl can burn basically any diesel fuel, doesn't take a special European spec oil like the 2007 on up chassis, and doesn't have all the emissions equipment that the newer ones do that cause boo-koo problems.
If it's a good price, been taken care of etc, grab it, it's a gem.

We recently saw one of these 2007's that looked brand new and only had 32k miles on it. The couple had just retired and bought it from some friends of theirs so they knew what they were getting. It was a beauty!
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

Izzy_sMom
Explorer
Explorer
View/Navion owners have a few yahoo websites to share info and help each other with problems:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/View-Navion/info
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/View-NavionTech/info

The first one is for general issues, and the second one is for tech issues. (There are others for mods, travel, etc.) You might want to join and ask your question there.

Izzy'sMom

sihnz821
Explorer
Explorer
Also....I'm having trouble confirming with the dealer, what exact engine it has. I know that it's a Dodge 2.7L 5 cylinder turbo diesel 54HP. The sales guy said he thought they were all inline's....but I know the engine was changed right around this time period. Dodge shows 2006 on the VIN. That's as close as I can get to a mfg date. Anyone have some insight here on whether or not we're looking at the older engine (which I've heard is actually better) or the newer engine in that generation?