cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabinet hardware - strike / push latches - need suggestions

jpwiggo
Explorer
Explorer
A few of the latches have broke on the 2006 Gulfstream DP. The strike for push latch part is plastic and they break all the time. My RV has these things all over the place, all drawers, cabinets etc.

I know the local RV store has the cabinet strike part, but even on-line this stupid little piece of plastic is ~$10.

I don't mind replacing the entire latch, but just feel like $10 is a rip off.

Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
sportech wrote:
A lot of the hardware in RVs is made by Southco. You can find most of their stuff on eBay or Amazon.

Dave

correct as per the link I posted is southco

sportech
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of the hardware in RVs is made by Southco. You can find most of their stuff on eBay or Amazon.

Dave

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you tried Homedepot or Lowes, or any other store that sell cabinet supplies. Our Newmar came with a few plastic ones and have all broke. The rest were metal cabinet good. Boat type goods.

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
jpwiggo wrote:
A few of the latches have broke on the 2006 Gulfstream DP. The strike for push latch part is plastic and they break all the time. My RV has these things all over the place, all drawers, cabinets etc.

I know the local RV store has the cabinet strike part, but even on-line this stupid little piece of plastic is ~$10.

I don't mind replacing the entire latch, but just feel like $10 is a rip off.

Any suggestions?

Tiffin use these on all the cabinets in my allegro bus and they work great they come in different pull pressure measured in Lbs
very durable and hold well
amazon;$5.00 Copy and paste the link
https://www.amazon.com/Decorite-5838-Black-Latch-CL-308/dp/B014HXSS1I/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1476281...