cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Calling all Road Warrior owners - RWS, RWT, RWM

smitty2
Explorer
Explorer
Owners of Road Warrior Super C's have been posting on other threads and a few have mentioned it would be nice to have a place where owners of these units could post with other Road Warrior owners. Well - this is a start.

I'm Bob Smith. My wife, Debra, and I own a 2009 RWS3400 sitting on the usual C5500 chassis with the Duramax LMM and Alison Transmission. We hale from Billerica, MA. We purchased our unit from it's original owners in AZ back in September of 2010. After searching for this exact unit for a while, we got lucky and found a pristine rig from a family who took great care of it. They just didn't use it as much as they would have liked to and still had a TT they could use to go camping. So their decision to sell was great for us. With only 6000 miles on the clock and the like new condition, it was a great day for us to get this Warrior after months of research.

We've had a few minor issues, nothing that I couldn't handle, that made it a shame to think that attention to detail just wasn't a priority during the build. So, thats something we can all help each other out with. The minor wiring issues I've dealt with were all a matter of plugs being put into the wrong jacks (audio/video). Some simple additions to make the audio system more practical for MP3 or portable Sat radio use are items I can share with you. When i get the rig back in the spring I'll take some photos of the added jack for aux input on the house radio.

I say when we get it back because we currently have it resting at a center to have the interior seating redone. Out with the U shaped seating and in with the traditional drop down table with benches. It'll be more convenient for us as we have 4 kids and making that table another sleeping area will help. Also out with the J sofa and in with a Jackknife. Again, ease of use and larger sleeping area the concern there.

We also talked about adding an electrical outlet at the table. There's always a need to plug in a laptop or charges while sitting there.

There are more things we're looking at doing but the list is too long and we're not sure if it'll be cost prohibitive. So we'll wait a bit to mention them.

So - who are ya - where are ya - what have you found with your unit that may be an issue.

I know most are probably located more to the west. But let's see.
Bob & Debra, et al

2012 Jayco Seneca 36FK
YA I KNOW - I'M A TRAITOR
410 REPLIES 410

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
There are a couple of tabs in the back that are pressed in and the unit slides out, then you can remove the anchors, two screws per side.

navegator

RZRHog
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have a copy of the installation instructions for the black and decker space maker under cabinet coffee maker? I believe it is a model 425 but can't validate it. I really don't want to cause a lot of damage just ripping it out.

If you need to be 10% smarter than the piece of gear your operating I seem to be about 8% short,

Thanks in advance for the help

Art

truerider411
Explorer
Explorer
hey @smitty2, I did not pay 180,000 for mine. I paid WAY WAY LESS then that. I came across that bank repo and the wanted xx,000 canadian for it ;). I was hesitant until I looked online and the cheapest I found was 90,000 US. They really hold there value. So after seeing that and then researching the Allen Blue Book price for those rvs this is what they stated:
Great Condition- 179,000 US
Good Condition- 130,000 US
Fair Condition- 98,000US

So finding it for the price I did I decided to buy it sight unseen. I have changed basically everything now in it. Including the deck to a new alpine one (what a pain in the a$$ for the camera hook-up). I changed the headlights into some new projectors that look nice. Apperently all chev5500 take the same headlights as kenworths and old peterbuilt semis. I will post some pictures soon as I have a lot of work into this thing now. I am going to be modifying the garage to hold 6 or 7 stand up jetskis as well.
@ronfisherman I did all my own maintanence and by the time i changed every fluid and filter (i got my fluids and filters at cost to) it probably still cost me 500 bucks maybe more.

ronfisherman
I do all my own work for maintenance. Not hard. This is the only way to make sure it is done. Well You could stand there and watch it being done. The only place that I have seen that allows you to watch is Speedco. They do not do automatic transmissions and brakes. I have used them a few times. With good results.
There are also a Mobile oil Change services. I used one in TX's a few years ago. Good service. Found them advertised in the RV Parks office.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

TheoWarrior
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have questions for you all:
Have you followed the "recommended maintenance" in the owners manuals?
Who did you have do the work? dealer or private shop?
Do you know if they really checked all the items listed?
Did they find any problems?, brakes, tranny, chassis, springs, ubolts

The reason I'm asking is there are a lot more items than just changing the oil and greasing the fittins, and I caught my stealership cutting corners on even that, so Im wondering what else has been neglected.....

smitty2
Explorer
Explorer
Hey true rider - welcome and congrats on your purchase! Sounds like you're doing it right - start with all fluids and filters! I did the same thing upon getting my RWS home. Changed ALL fluids to synthetic so there's no worries. Costly but long lasting. I have my owner manual stored in pdf format if you'd like a copy. I don't have an RWT but most systems should be alike. PM me your email address and I'll send it. I am in the process of selling my rig now but have all manuals that came with the rig. If you'd like copies I can do that. Is there any particular manual you'd like? So tell me something - a quick search and I found a conversion for CN to US currency. You mentioned you paid 180g. Is that 180,000 dollars Canadian? If so it would equate to $145,000 US? And it needed work?
Bob & Debra, et al

2012 Jayco Seneca 36FK

truerider411
Explorer
Explorer
Hi guys!!! Just picked up a 2008 road warrior RWT3400 diesel with 33k on it. She was a little rough but I bought it sight unseen from a bank repo place up in Alberta. It has taken some serious cleaning along many other things but its coming along quite well. It is almost impossible to find any information on them. And it seems they are extremely rare as I don't think there is a single one in Canada. I have changed every fluid and filter throughout the entire unit including the generator as well. Also i changed out all the tail light and reverse lights as they where faded and cracked. I then put in a new deck in the dash (previous one was punched and screen cracked). the wiring to get the camera to work was frustrating to say the least. When I bought it there were no manuals, no instructions, no maintenance records etc etc. Just a bunch of dirty dishes and children's toys and close (kinda sad). I am extremely excited though because I will use this to travel to all the jetski races this summer. I really didn't like the floor plans of the thor outlaws and for 180g canadian i would much rather have the road warrior and I cant afford a renegade for 500g so this is perfect. I will probably be asking a few questions but I have 3 hard weeks put into fixing this unit and I hope i'm on the home stretch. Glad to join this little club

smitty2
Explorer
Explorer
See Theo - that's the beauty of being out in the west. My rig still has the cover on it and the snow pile in front of it is now finally down to less than a foot. I don't remember if I mentioned it last spring but I changed out my tires then, a second time! Year before I had switched out to another brand, other than the OE Michelins, and hard the ride. Thought I was saving some money but created more headaches and trips to get balanced than they were worth. Went back to Michelins (worth every Pennie in my book) and have the original ride back. In hindsight I should have not been so cheap and stuck with the michelins from the start. When the. Over comes off its time to do a major cleaning and get my baby on the market. We've enjoyed her over the last 5 years but life changes are putting our camping trips on hold for awhile. If you know anyone looking for a pristine RWS hit me up. I'll still lurk and post just won't have the rig.
Bob & Debra, et al

2012 Jayco Seneca 36FK

TheoWarrior
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey warriors! Happy spring!
We've Been on several adventures already this year.
Moab twice, Salt Lake City, edges of the cedars by comb ridge..
I Finally replaced the house batteries, and the tires, although both would have lasted another season, I just got tired of worrying about them.
Would like to hear about your most recent work on your road warriors.

TheoWarrior
Explorer II
Explorer II
http://www.warriorlifestyles.com

TheoWarrior
Explorer II
Explorer II
kmiller wrote:
Does anyone know where i could fine manufacture parts for the Road Warrior ?

Warrior lifestyle took over the old company
They have parts on the web

kmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know where i could fine manufacture parts for the Road Warrior ?

ronfisherman
I installed LED's in my MH for HI/LO beams.
LED's EBAY
The vendor is currently out of stock. They work great.
I got lenses off Amazon.
Glass lens.
Had to swap Green and Tan wire to get low and high correct.
DRL will not work unless relays are installed. Not enough voltage to turn on LED. I have relays that will turn on at 7 volts.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

CMax
Explorer
Explorer
Hey y'all, we recently upgraded w/ Ultra Trac front & rear trac bars, Koni's all the way around, and a Roadmaster front anti sway bar. LOVE what these mods did for us!

Headlights are next on our list. Looks like the previous owner swapped out for Hella H4's but I do not see any added wiring, solenoids, relays, etc. We will not travel once the sun goes down they are so bad. Any suggestions?

Courtney & Maria

smitty2
Explorer
Explorer
I think, if we don't sell the rig, that the hole will be filled with another unit should it fail badly.
Bob & Debra, et al

2012 Jayco Seneca 36FK