cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground for Udvar-Hazy

MRUSA
Explorer
Explorer
I want to visit the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center (Air Museum) near Dulles Airport. I am driving a 45 foot DP with tow car. Is there parking there that can accommodate me for the day? Also, where is the nearest big-rig friendly RV park?
Marc, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
2018 Lincoln MKX toad
EEZ-RV tire pressure monitor
7 REPLIES 7

MRUSA
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for your replies. I have booked a campsite in Bull Run Park.
Marc, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
2018 Lincoln MKX toad
EEZ-RV tire pressure monitor

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
We were in Gainesville, VA and took a day trip to Chantilly. They were charging for parking in 2009.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

bwdboss
Explorer
Explorer
I had no problem parking my rig , down with the buses , but that was 2011 and parking was free, when was the fee started? Camped down the road at Greenville Farm Family Campground , it worked.
08 Ford F-450 Gold CC Lariat
07 Newmar Kountry Aire 37KSCS

INBellbuoy
Explorer
Explorer
That museum is free but parking is $15, well worth it though, enjoy Discovery
INBellbuoy, wife of 36 yrs, 19 yr old son, & Scruffy the Goldendoodle, 2007 Dodge 3500 Quad Cab, 2005 Lund 1800 Explorer w/ 90 hp Yamaha & Minn Kota I-Pilot Link , 2006 Host Yukon W/ Tent 80W solar panel

FormerBoater
Explorer
Explorer
The parking lot at the Air and Space museum is huge.

Give them a call to see if they will let you park there.

They have 40 spaces that are reserved for tour buses. You should be able to fit in there IMHO.
Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Lake Fairfax County Park. Odd place, but large quiet sites, plenty of big rigs in there. Well run park, not far from Dulles. Only downside is no sewer connection at every site, but they have a dump station right there.

Considering the chaos in the DC metro area, I thought Lake Fairfax was a relaxing breath of sanity!

luvlabs
Explorer
Explorer
Bull Run Regional Park is pretty close. They accept big rigs and have water/electric hookups. Call them at 703-631-0550 for more info. There are a few Walmarts close by as well. Not too many commercial campgrounds that are close to the area.

As far as parking at Udvar-Hazy, you had better give them a call as well. I don't remember seeing any RVs in the parking lot when I visited. The museum is free, parking is $15.
2017 Winnebago Navion 24V
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH (sold)
2012 Tiffin Allegro 32CA (traded)
2012 Honda Fit