cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can we talk about the throne room?

KelliApp
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to completely redo the bathroom on our 96 Santara. I'm looking for inspiration before we do it. The specific issue that needs to be address is the width of the area around the toilet. We are large people and the narrow bathroom is just uncomfortable and hard to deal with. I think the space we have to work with is sufficient if we can reconfigure some things and sacrifice some storage.

If you've got a good bathroom in a class c, whether it came that way or you remodeled it, could you post a picture?
5 REPLIES 5

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is there room to mount the toilet facing a different way to give you more room. You could still use the same "hole" just change out the mounting screws and water lines.

Sfla2
Explorer
Explorer
KelliApp wrote:
We are going to completely redo the bathroom on our 96 Santara. I'm looking for inspiration before we do it. The specific issue that needs to be address is the width of the area around the toilet. We are large people and the narrow bathroom is just uncomfortable and hard to deal with. I think the space we have to work with is sufficient if we can reconfigure some things and sacrifice some storage.

If you've got a good bathroom in a class c, whether it came that way or you remodeled it, could you post a picture?
which model do u have.i know its a santara but they have abt 3-4 models those yr
98 Coachmen "C" Santara Model FL (Front Lounge) 30.4
Ford V 10 Super Duty (same as E 450)

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mich F wrote:
I believe in most cases moving a toilet would involve moving the holding tank.

Eggs-Ak-Ly, and the way RV's are assembled (I choose "assembled" over "built" since the latter implies a degree of durability to me) makes major changes very difficult. What was easy to set in place, no longer is. One thing and another, done in stages, makes early-stage stuff very hard to change. Removing an obstruction like a vanity sink wouldn't be bad. Moving a wall might be easier than re-locating a toilet. But then, what do you lose when one room gets larger? In ours, the "corridor" from kitchen to bedroom, past the throne room, widens at the throne room door. The wall angles there, widening the entry to the bedroom. It would be possible to "straighten" that, and gain space to the corridor side of the toilet. Removing the vanity or part of it would provide clearance to the other side. But now the bedroom is going to look cramped.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
I believe in most cases moving a toilet would involve moving the holding tank.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have a CLASS-C, but I've had campers for a lot of years. Although it's just the wife and I, very seldom do we ever use the bathroom sink. We almost always use the kitchen sink. I've broad shouldered, and in our current camper, the bathroom sink is between the shower stall and a wall. I can't get my shoulders in there to the sink. Very frustrating. We almost always never use the bathroom sink.

It just a thought? but why not "consider" removing the sink completely, giving you more space, and use the kitchen sink for washing hands and such.