cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can You Buy Coach Net Before You Buy an RV

barmcd
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like this is cheap roadsdie assistance insurance. I'd like to have it on the RV when we pick it up and bring it home. Can you buy without having a VIN nr.?
16 REPLIES 16

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
tropical36 wrote:

Also keep in mind that you're not insuring your RV or your cars per say, but yourself and another party in your household, such as your spouse. This means that you can be in any RV or car, no matter who it might belong to and have the same coverage, as if in your own vehicle.

Not just ANOTHER person in your household like a spouse, but also dependent children under 24. This, however, only comes with the Premier Coach coverage. The 2 other lesser plans (Limited and Basic) DO NOT come with "All-Inclusive Coverage", thus only you are covered with the lesser 2 plans.
1999 Itasca Sunrise

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
barmcd wrote:
It looks like this is cheap roadsdie assistance insurance. I'd like to have it on the RV when we pick it up and bring it home. Can you buy without having a VIN nr.?

So call them from the driver's seat, before starting out for home and problem solved. Here's a tip and you might call PPL Motorhomes in TX, instead, as they will give you a price with CN that CN can't or won't match, in most cases. They must have some kind of an agreement going on and even talked to one CN agent, that claimed not to know of their existence, even. Hung up and called PPL, who took care of it immediately. Then called CN back to verify the coverage. Never a problem and have used CN services, more than once.
Also keep in mind that you're not insuring your RV or your cars per say, but yourself and another party in your household, such as your spouse. This means that you can be in any RV or car, no matter who it might belong to and have the same coverage, as if in your own vehicle.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Pirate1
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:

You do realize this forum is hosted by Good Sam Roadside Assistance? :@
So, who cares? If it went away, we would all be over at IVR2 within hours.

Preacher_Man
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
YES. :S You can add the vehicle info later. It covers all your cars/trucks.
Check the Coach-net website.

Yea...and??
Mark Walter
J-Angel Productions
Web and Media Company
2004 Sportscoach LE 376 DS
Cat 3126E, Allison 3000

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Puttin wrote:
Jim and Betty,

The Coachnet warrantee is underwritten by Good Sam.

OK you learn something every day.

I have CSP (Goodsam) Warranty and that has been a plus for me.

JimR

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
You make all the arrangements.. Then when you get to the dealer you get the VIN, you make the call, they FAX your ID card to the dealer like 2 minutes later, and mail you the hard copy later.. The dealer hands you the fax sheet and away you go.

NOTE: Same for the Vehicle insurance

Also, Dealer MAY be able to give you the VIN weeks in advance of delivery if you ask politely.. Or not, depending on dealer.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
#Marc wrote:
I have been with coach net for several years and I never had to provide any VIN ?

You don't have to, but it doesn't hurt. Easy to do when you log in online.
1999 Itasca Sunrise

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
Jim and Betty,

The Coachnet warrantee is underwritten by Good Sam.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
debraindi wrote:
barmcd wrote:
I bought coach net when I bought my Keystone. Having coach net lowered my interest by 1/2 percent and lowered my insurance, Its a 5 year warranty with 100$ detectable for service.I think Good Sam is comparable.

I did not know that Coach Net was a warranty company.

JimR

_Marc
Explorer
Explorer
I have been with coach net for several years and I never had to provide any VIN ?
Marc & Josรฉe
Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP
450 HP Cummins ISL

debraindi
Explorer
Explorer
barmcd wrote:
I bought coach net when I bought my Keystone. Having coach net lowered my interest by 1/2 percent and lowered my insurance, Its a 5 year warranty with 100$ detectable for service.I think Good Sam is comparable.
2013 LML Duramax
2015 311 Keystone Impact
200q 24 partycraft 150 mercury
Time out motor cycle trailer
2009 Harley RG 575 cams thunder-max tuned
1970 350 JD crawler loader

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:

SO!!! Good Sam knows about coach net. Competition is good.
jwmII

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
IF I am not mistaken. Having bought a Coachman. I believe you get CoachNet free for a short period when you buy New.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

barmcd
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:

Yes, I am and we have dealt with Good Sam on another type of insurance.