cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheapheat install in a Winnebago

Mike_and_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone installed the RVComfortSystems Cheapheat in a Winnebago product? If so did it have the propane furnace going into the plenum box from the side? I am ordering mine and was just wondering how you attached the cheapheat and ran the wires with this configuation. Thanks for your help. This is a discussion on this install I really don't care for anyones opinion on the unit itself.
Mike and Pat
"Full Timing. But still working. At least for awhile.:W
Mike (Driver) and Pat (Navigator)
2004 Itasca Meridian 39K 330 cat
2009 Saturn Outlook toad
SMI Stay in Play Duo
Socrates,Kiira and Tiberius (Tonkinese Cats)
Maximus (Mini schnauzer)
5 REPLIES 5

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Effy wrote:
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

I'd talk to Harold--he has done quite a few installs. You might also speak to the cheap heat folks directly.

I've gone an entirely different route and am using electrically heated carpets.

Ooh, where do you get those?

The comfort level has sharply improved with this latest addition to my RV.

I got mine from Tempurtech

They can be cut as they do not have wires. I chose to get the indoor/outdoor version as they can be pressure washed.

I have an insulated "basement" but sadly no way to heat it. The under side of the carpets is getting to 47C and that is warming up the unheated cavity. Areas, which were below freezing before, are now at 7 or 8 C.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

I'd talk to Harold--he has done quite a few installs. You might also speak to the cheap heat folks directly.

Ooh, where do you get those?
2013 ACE 29.2

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if it will help but there was a recent article (Feb) I think in Motorhome Magazine about the cheap heat install. Might not be specific enough to your application but it's pretty detailed.
2013 ACE 29.2

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
The three available heat panel options draw some serious 120AC CURRENT so they will have to be installed on their own separate circuit breaker in your 120VAC Distribution panel.

The DH-50 puts out the most heat and draws 21.6 amps from each of two legs of 120-volt AC power. The middle unit (DH-37) draws 15.6 amps from each of two 120-volt AC legs and the smaller system (DH-18) draws 15.6 amps but from only one 120-volt AC leg, which makes it the only unit that can operate on 30-amp service. The other two require 50-amp service.

The large AC current drain will probably require some picking of what appliances you will get to use at the same time the heat is on otherwise you will be tripping some circuit breakers...

Just be sure to use its own designated 120VAC circuits.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS