cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing brand and model

B_s
Explorer
Explorer
We currently have looked at 3 class a's we liked. 2001 Mountain Aire, by Newmar, 2004 Dolphin LX Sterling Edition by National and 2004 Georgie Boy Cruise Master. All have low mileage and slide outs. Also all are gas. Any advice we need to give thought to? We have owned fifth wheels but this will be the first motorhomes. Give us some questions we need to ask or thing we need to look for.
9 REPLIES 9

B_s
Explorer
Explorer
We are making an offer on the Georgie Boy. My husband drove the Mountain Aire and the Georgie Boy. Unfortunately the MA had a jack that didn't work right and was rough riding. And he also drove the GB and the difference was amazing. I think the difference was one was a one owner and well cared for and the other came from an auction and we have no history. Hope we made the right choice, but we feel good about it. Thanks all for your input.

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
We have the '03 Gas Mountain Aire. This is our 4th.MH and I don't think we will ever get another because this still looks and works like new.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

golfman_1
Explorer
Explorer
Newmar is the best choice. You can't beat the fit and finish of a Newmar. You will have the same high quality in yours as I have in mine. We have been on and off the road with our Mt. Aire for 13 years and still love it.
2000 Mountain Aire 4093 Double slide DP"the Dreamweaver"

2001 Honda Odyssey

Retired and living life to the max.

See you on the road.

randco
Explorer
Explorer
Have you driven any of them? Are you satisfied with the chassis as engine? Which one has the least rear overhang? What are the towing capabilities?

I would normally say, go for the floor plan first but... a few of the items I mentioned above might out-weigh floorplan.

We owned a Seabreeze by National in the mid 90's. I thought it was a well made coach. They did go out of business, but that would not deter me if the coach met my expectations. I think Newmar makes a good product but they always seem to look like my grandmothers house inside.

Best of luck in your search.

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
Newmar.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

B_s
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, we have been told Newmar is a really good MH. As far as the layout, the Georgie Boy has lots of extra features, the Dolphin has a fabulous fridge and the Newmar has a good layout and sturdy looking.

workhardplayha1
Explorer
Explorer
What ever one has the floor plan that works for you.

Westenthal
Explorer
Explorer
I would go with the Newmar.
Westenthal

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Over the three list , the MountainAire is the higher line than the other two. We have a 99 MountainAire and it is the best of the other two that we have own. Since you have looked at all three you have to pick the one that you two like and the layout that works, and make sure you drive them also.