cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

City water fill

williamp321
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2003 346 Georgetown class a. This week end when we got back home from a trip i Hook the city water up. When i turn the water on it fill the fresh water tank. Been useing the motor home 10 years and it just started this. Help please
WIlliam.
4 REPLIES 4

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
Yep! I started having the same problem. I really believe it is the three way ball valve that started leaking through all of a sudden. To buy the original part from ShurFlow it costs around $400.00. I am planning on just buying a three way valve for around thirty dollars and change it myself. I do not need the plate that shows what the valve is opened to, filling tank or city water. The plate just shows when pointed in one direction or the other what it is doing. Not important to me. So it looks fairly easy to change out, we will see after the weather warms up a little. Too cold right now to do anything outside. LOL!
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
4x4van wrote:
If you have a valve to allow you to fill the tank from the city water hookup, it's leaking. If you don't have that valve, then the check valve in the water pump is leaking.

X2, time for a valve repair or a new valve (depending on valve). It MAY be lime clogging it in which case if you are comfortable flushing the valve with lime-away it may work (but please rinse well if you do it this way).
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
4x4van wrote:
If you have a valve to allow you to fill the tank from the city water hookup, it's leaking. If you don't have that valve, then the check valve in the water pump is leaking.

Correct......

2 methods of water leaking into fresh water tank.

'Fill Valve' OR pump internal check valve

Disconnect pump suction line at pump, turn on city water and see if water backflows thru pump

If thru pump.....running it, using the water in fresh water tank can flush any debris/deposits on check valve diagram.
Otherwise....replace pump.

If 'Fill Valve'----replacing it best cure
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II