cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class A with four 3 point seat belts (ie, shoulder straps)

jasmith348
Explorer
Explorer
First post here, we are looking for either a small class A or class c RV that has 4 seats with 3 point seat belts that are forward facing and will work with booster seats for my 4 and 7 year olds.

Road Treks have these, but we are looking for something with more of a functional bathroom and slightly more sleeping room. We've found the Rev (from Dynamax) and older Trends (from WB), but each of those has some limitations we don't necessarily like, mostly a very small cargo capacity.

I just wanted to see the group here knew of any other models that might work.

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

bwg
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure what you budget is, but Newmar had a model for a few years ( maybe 2006 thru 2010) called the Allstar I believe, which had some models with 4 captains chairs in the front. You can do an Internet search to see how they are configured, or look at the archives in Newmars site for their archive of old literature.
I saw PPL in Texas had a diesel powered Simca from Safari with 4 captains chairs in the front, but it's a 38 foot toy hauler which might not fit your needs, although it's priced pretty well.

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:

do your dinette seats have a shoulder harness also?

No but it's nearing 10 years old.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you are looking for used units, the Safari Simba models had a few units with four captains chairs up front. All had seat belts and shoulder harnesses.

booty51
Explorer
Explorer
this was discussed a while back about booster seats for children. Most Rv's do not have four forward facing seats as advised by the transportation board for proper booster seat usage. The recommendation was to take two vehicles . The second vehicle being your car that has proper seat belts and forward facing seats to accommodate safe booster seat usage. I have seen floor plans of four forward facing seats on PPL motorhomes but do not recall brand. You probably have found the ones I have seen already according to your post. I can see where this way of travel would not be desirable for vacation travel but some advantages to. Instead of towing towed you have to drive it ( a Negative) you still have the towed with you and the kids are safe( a positive) . Or just keep shopping till you find what you need.

jasmith348
Explorer
Explorer
crasster wrote:
Yikes, I can't think of any A's with 4 of those. Are you open to C's?

Yes, we would actually prefer a class c.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yikes, I can't think of any A's with 4 of those. Are you open to C's?
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

jasmith348
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
Sam Spade wrote:
My Winnebago C has:
Two facing front in the cab.
Two facing front in the dinette.
Two facing sideways on the fold out sofa.
One facing backwards on the other side of the dinette.

I think you should NOT concentrate on counting seat belts in your initial shopping. I suspect that belts can be added to a LOT of models easily and fairly inexpensively.

that is what the OP wants. it would be very difficult to install a valid shoulder strap in a dinette seat facing forward. side ways seat, possibly.
if not there are plenty out there that meet that requirement.
bumpy

And from our research, no booster seat (as opposed to a 5 point harness for younger kids) will work either with a lap belt only or seated sideways. the problem with installing them is having the appropriate framing available to secure them to.

EDIT- but if anyone knows of an especially RV friendly booster seat, that might also solve our issue

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Sam Spade wrote:
My Winnebago C has:

I think you should NOT concentrate on counting seat belts in your initial shopping. I suspect that belts can be added to a LOT of models easily and fairly inexpensively.

that is what the OP wants. it would be very difficult to install a valid shoulder strap in a dinette seat facing forward. side ways seat, possibly.
if not there are plenty out there that meet that requirement.
bumpy

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
My Winnebago C has:

'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

jasmith348
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Bumpy. Other than the Rev and 2015 Trend (built on the Promaster frame), that's what we've seen.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
all of the units meeting the 4 seat requirement that I remember seeing have been the various B vans.
bumpy